Against the Crimson Tide IC

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the impulsiveness. I'm trying to get Anya out to sea with Fairweather, where it looks like there's going to be some action. It's a purely ooc-driven action. I don't get the feeling Jesper wants to go, which of course is his choice. BTW, Skill Mastery lets you take 10, it doesn't give you +10. Unless maybe you mean epic skill focus?

Ghostknight

First Post
silentspace said:
OOC: Sorry for the impulsiveness. I'm trying to get Anya out to sea with Fairweather, where it looks like there's going to be some action. It's a purely ooc-driven action. I don't get the feeling Jesper wants to go, which of course is his choice. BTW, Skill Mastery lets you take 10, it doesn't give you +10. Unless maybe you mean epic skill focus?

ooc: Nope- his total roll would be 42- i.e. taking 10. Most people in the world are just not going to be able to get anywhere close to that! Anyways - he was careful with his wording- no lies, just incomplete truths (transportation of goods= smuggling, trading goods= fencing stolen goods, information brokering= blackmail/spying etc. Useful when avoiding magical or mundane lie detection!) The problem is, that I can see no IC reason for him to open up to Anya- he may have heard some stories, but no reason for him to believe that she would be open to meeting with someone trying to take over control of the world's underground activities! Also, so far he has no connection to the sea or reason to be interested.

Looking at Domina he smiles

"Well, the stories do tend to indicate a certain capriciousness to Anya's nature, guess that bit at least is true"

He laughs, taking another shallow sip from his tankard.

"Where would I expect to find you? In a gerneral's encampment, discussing the defense (or offense) of the land with the high and mighty. One does not expect tof find military leaders of your reputation in dockside taverns! Still, I suppose even those with your reputaion must enjoy stepping outside of the web of the usual and mundane!

silentspace

First Post
Ghostknight said:
The problem is, that I can see no IC reason for him to open up to Anya- he may have heard some stories, but no reason for him to believe that she would be open to meeting with someone trying to take over control of the world's underground activities! Also, so far he has no connection to the sea or reason to be interested.

OOC: Yep, the only hook I could think of was good old curiousity, investigating the strange phenomenon of the crimson sea. Since Jesper didn't bite, Anya's off to investigate herself. Anya's interested because she wants to find out why her goddess led her here, and for what purpose. :)

Domina laughed. "I'm on a bit of a... shall we say, vacation? Discussing strategy with the 'high and mighty' while trying to figure out which one them will attempt to betray my Company next gets wearing after a while. I've been a mercenary for far more years than I have any right to have been alive. There aren't many who can say that they have served as many years as I. Sometimes just getting away from it all sounds better and better." She empties the tankard of ale she was holding. "Now I find myself interested in the events in this little town. I've certainly not seen the likes of that sea before."

She signals the waitress for another. "You say you do a bit of information brokering? I don't suppose you know anything about the events that have been going on around here?"

Ghostknight

First Post
"No, and that is of concern. I had an employee investigating this area and she has gone missing, along with a valuable item of mine. So here I am, trying to find said valuable employee, and hopefully recover the device- in that order. Devices are easier to replace than loyal employees!

But from this place you would think everything was dead already. I only arrived a short while ago, but as yet have seen or heard nothing. Another associate of mine is wandering the city, trying to find if there is anything of interest, hopefully he will be along shortly with some information"

Domina nods. "I, unfortunately, have only myself to go seeking information with. I was considering speaking with the druid that is supposed to be in the area, in hopes that he might have some idea of what is going on. However, one of my skills finding such a person in the woods unless he wishes to be found is unlikely." She gestures at her armor.

"Would you mind if I waited with you for any information that your comrade may have concerning the town? I understand that your missing employee is none of my business, and I hope that you find here - but since info is part of your business, I would be willing to compensate you if need be."

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper gives her another of his very charming smiles.

"I am always happy for the company. I have no idea where my associate currently is. I hoped to find information here, and he in the town. What can I say, I'm the boss so I get the assignment that lets me talk to interesting people and drink what passes for ale in this place."

Domina nods at Jesper's words. "I recall having simular assignments as Commander of my Company. And the ale isn't too bad...." She studies her mug. "Or, at least it could be worse." She takes another drink and makes small talk with Jesper while they await the return of his employee.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Tmion enters the bar after some time. Moving casually to Jesper's side, he mutters "The constabulary has no sign nor clue; they weren't aware that she was here, much less that she disappeared. Nevertheless, I've found her inn, and the innkeeper was keeping her room locked; there might be something in there that will tell us what was happening."

Anya sees little activity on shore; the fishermen are already out to sea, and no one else wants to go out on the red waters. Kira informs her that a small skiff is available; the captain was initially reluctant to hire out, but the identity of his passenger swayed him, as he trusts a priestess of Tyche to keep him safe.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases