The Folly of Man: 3.5 D&D Low Level Adventure (FULL)

Mithreander

Explorer
Rogue Gallery
IC Thread

Greetings, and welcome to the world of Soludia where dragons once flew, and elves once roamed the world as freely as men do now. Welcome... as long as you are man.

Man has always had issues with sharing 'their' world, and Soludia is no different. Since man has come, the other races, creatures, and beast have pushed, some think to extinction.

But there is one man out there that thinks other wise, and wants to prove it to the world. He has gathered 6 of the finest 'adventurers' to search for the hidden races and report back to him their location and status. His name is Fendel Fallenwore, and you are one of those adventurers.

Character creation
  1. Only human characters or half characters with mainly human features (you look human though you are half-elf).
  2. 32 point creation
  3. Only using core rules (that can be viewed on the SRD site)
  4. 3rd level characters
  5. Max hit points
  6. 2700 starting gold
  7. The first people to post excepted characters will be excepted
  8. Please post any questions that you have

You will be located on the continent of Fareach, which is solely possessed by humans, though not 200 years ago there is recorded evidence of the 'fantasy' creatures. This world does have magic, but the Summoning spells work differently then listed in the book (different creatures are summoned... more mundane). The adventure will start in the largest city on that continent, Grassiniti, a city on the plains where two of the largest rivers intersect. There are other continents, but none that anyone has settled.

Last edited:

Temujin

First Post
I'm definitely interested. I'll go for a grappler or monk, since my Archery-focused fighter idea was thiefed. :p

...or maybe a barbarian tank with a high CON.... hmm...

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Yung Lexar

Male human fighter3

AL: TN
Hair: Light blonde
Eyes: Light Blue

STR: 14 (+2) [6pts]
DEX: 16 (+3) [10pts]
CON: 14 (+2) (6pts]
INT: 12 (+1) [4pts]
WIS: 10 (+0) [2pts]
CHA: 12 (+1) [4pts]

HP: 36 (3d10 + 6con)

AC: 18 (10 + 3dex + 5armor) / 13 / 15

Saves:
FORT: +5 (3base + 2con)
REF: +4 (1base + 3dex)
WILL: +1 (1base)

Init: +3 (+3dex)

Base attack bonus: +3

Attacks:
Composite Longbow (+2str): +6 (+3bab + 3dex), 1d8+2 damage, Thread 20/x3, Range 165 ft
Shortsword: +5 (+3base + 2str), 1d6+2 damage, Threat 19-20/x2

Skills:
Skill points: 24
Max rank: 6
Climb: 8 (6ranks + 2str)
Craft (Bowmaking): 7 (6ranks + 1int)
Intimidate: 7 (6ranks + 1cha)
Jump: 8 (6ranks + 2str)

Feats:
(Bonus human feat) - Point blank shot
(lvl 1) - Far Shot
(lvl 3) - Dodge
(fighter lvl 1) - Precise Shot
(fighter lvl 2) - Rapid Shot

Class:
Bonus feat on lvl 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.

Proficiencies:
Single and Martial weapons
All armors
Shields

Languages:
Common
Sylvan

Equipment:
Travelers Outfit
Backpack [2gp]
Bedroll [1sp]
Flint and Steel [1gp]
50 ft. hempen rope [1gp]
6 days trail ration [3gp]
Composite Longbow (+2str) [300gp]
Shortsword [10gp]
Breastplate [200gp]
100 arrows [5gp]
Quiver of Ehlonna [1800gp]
Potion of cure light wounds x3[150gp]

137gp 9sp

Background:
Yung grew up with his father in a cottage in the forest. His father was the local ranger and started training Yung in the use of the bow from a young age. In contrast to what his father thought, Yung did not want to become a ranger of the woods when he grew up, he wanted to see the world. His dream is that he might find some of the legendary elfs. According to the stories the elfs was masters with the bow and he want to know if this is true or just another myth. His father understand his lust for adventure but secretly hopes that Yung will decide to be a ranger after all. Yung recieved his fathers quiver, a magical quiver able to contain far more arrows than any regular quiver, when he left home as a parting gift. Now he is just outside Grassiniti and his first visit to a big city excites him.

Personality:
Yung is still young and often acts before thinking. His mastery of the bow is good considering his age, and he is well aware of that. He will jump to any chance he get to prove this to the ones who doubt his word. If a battle occurs he will use his bow as long as possible before going into meele with his short sword.

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
I'd be interested in taking a look. Mark me as tenative though, I don't want to push others out, and I'm in other games here too.

For now, I'll take ye ol' human brick. Greatsword, power attack, armored up fighter. You know the drill.

If another player feels more comfy with a beat down machine such as this, I'll happily switch out for more passive or complex character (i.e. spellcaster). I'm flexible, geez, I been playing since the Reagan administration. ;)

TZ

Mithreander

Explorer
Thanks for the quick responce, everyone!

Rayex, your character looks good so far. There are a couple of issues with his ezuipment, however (though nothing earth shattering).

1. Your clothing are free, since they are considered your starting clothing
  2. Your Backpack cost 2gp, rather then 1
  3. Your Composite Longbow only cost 300gp (100gp for the bow + 200gp for the +2 Str damage bonus)
  4. Your Quiver of Ehlonna is now called Efficient quiver in 3.5
  5. Your character is mediam loaded, carrying 60 pounds of equipment
  6. Other then your other language, which we'll get to, everything else looks great!

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren Gildersham

Male Human Rog2/Ftr1

AL: CG
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

STR 12 (+1)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 10 (0)
INT 16 (+3)
WIS 10 (0)
CHA 12 (+1)

HP: 22 (2d6 + 1d10)

AC: 16 (10 + 3 DEX + 2 ARMOR + 1 MAGIC)

Saves:
Fort: 2 (2 base)
Ref: 6 (3 base + 3 DEX)
Will: 0 (0 base)

Init: +3 (3 DEX)

Base Attack Bonus: +2

Attacks:
Masterwork Dagger: +5 (2 BAB + 1 STR + 1 Masterwork + 1 Focus) 1d4+1 - 19-20x2

Dagger Thrown: +6 (2 BAB + 3 DEX + 1 Focus) 1d4+1 - 19-20x2
Ranges:
0-9: +7 1d4+2 (possible Sneak Attack)
10-19: +5 1d4+2 (possible Sneak Attack)
20-29: +3 1d4+2 (possible Sneak Attack)
30-39: 0 1d4+1
40-49: -2 1d4+1
Skills: Balance +10 (5 ranks + 3 DEX + 2 synergy: Tumble)
Bluff +6 (5 ranks + 1 CHA)
Climb +4 (3 ranks + 1 STR)
Diplomacy +6 (3 rank + 1 CHA + 2 synergy: Bluff)
Disable Device +10 (5 ranks + 3 DEX + 2 equip: MW Thieve's Tools)
Gather Information +4 (3 rank + 1 CHA)
Hide +8 (5 ranks + 3 DEX)
Intimidate +4 (1 rank + 1 CHA + synergy: Bluff)
Jump +8 (5 ranks + 1 STR + 2 synergy: Tumble)
Listen +2 (2 ranks)
Move Silently +8 (5 ranks + 3 DEX)
Open Lock +10.5 (5.5 ranks + 3 DEX + 2 equip: MW Thieve's Tools)
Ride +4 (1 rank + 3 DEX)
Search +8 (5 ranks + 3 INT)
Sleight of Hand +10 (5 ranks + 3 DEX + 2 synergy: Bluff)
Tumble +10.5 (5.5 ranks + 3 DEX + 2 synergy: Balance)
Use Rope +5 (0 ranks + 3 DEX + 2 equip: Silk Rope)

Feats:
(Bonus Human) Point Blank Shot
(1st Level) Precise Shot
(3rd Level) Quick Draw
(Ftr1) Weapon Focus: Dagger

Languages:
Common
Dwarven
Elven
Halfling

Equipment:
1 Ring: Protection +1 (2,000 gp)
1 Dagger, Masterwork (302 gp)
3 Dagger (2 gp ea = 6 gp)
1 Leather Armor, Masterwork (160 gp)
1 Thieves' tools, Masterwork (100 gp)
1 Backpack (2 gp)
1 Bedroll (1 sp)
1 Caltrops (1 gp)
1 Rations, trail (per day) (5 sp)
2 pcs Chalk (1 cp ea = 2 cp)
1 Rope, silk (50 ft.) (10 gp)
1 Flint and steel (1 gp)
1 Everburning Torch (110 gp)
1 Waterskin (full) (1 gp)
1 Sack (1 sp)

Funds: 4 gp, 21 sp, 18 cp

Description:
Tsoren stands 5'7" tall and weighs 147 lbs. He has brown hair and eyes and wears no facial hair. He is always upbeat and quick with a joke, but can sometimes be sarcastic. He is slightly attractive, but is shy with women.

Background:
Tsoren is the 3rd son (5th child of 8) of the wizard, Elbor Gildersham. His mother, Kay Gildersham, works in one of the larger libraries in Grassiniti. When Tsoren was young he was very well educated, but while his parents wanted him to be a scholar, or even a wizard, he wasn't patient enough for such pursuits. Instead he spent more time with sports and other hobbies. He was especially good at throwing daggers, and would gamble in the local pubs for extra money. He also has an interest in all manner of machines, from simple locks to complex contraptions, and enjoys figuring out how they work. He has been approached in the past for illegal work, but he is much too honest to join the local thieves' guild.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Mithreander said:
Thanks for the quick responce, everyone!

Rayex, your character looks good so far. There are a couple of issues with his ezuipment, however (though nothing earth shattering).

1. Your clothing are free, since they are considered your starting clothing
  2. Your Backpack cost 2gp, rather then 1
  3. Your Composite Longbow only cost 300gp (100gp for the bow + 200gp for the +2 Str damage bonus)
  4. Your Quiver of Ehlonna is now called Efficient quiver in 3.5
  5. Your character is mediam loaded, carrying 60 pounds of equipment
  6. Other then your other language, which we'll get to, everything else looks great!

Thanks, I re-read the composite rules rather quickly.
As for the quiver, it is listed as Quiver of Ehlonna in my 3.5 DMG. (I only got the 3.5 books.)
And regarding the language, what languages are suitable, seeing as other races are just "myths".
I added 2 more potions to my inventory, so I got 137 gold.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases