Rate this Feat - Practiced Spellcaster

Xath

Moder-gator
I think the name is already taken, but I couldn't think of another one.

Practiced Spellcaster [General]
You may cast cantrips as a free action.
Prerequisites: Ability to cast 4th level spells.
Benefit: You may cast 0-level spells as a free action. This is limited to one cantrip per round and may not exceed the number of 0-level spells you are able to cast in a day.

Destil

Explorer
Looks good, if anything it's a little weak. Mabye if you also give the caster bonus cantrips based on their spellcasting ability score it would be worth a feat.

Storyteller01

First Post
Are these free action cantrips cast in addition to the usual one Free Action spell per round (from quickened spell), or does it count against this limit?

welby

First Post
nifty feat. I would think they'd have to count against the limit for free action spells per round, as they are in fact, free action spells :)

Xath

Moder-gator
If this seems weak, how exactly would you make it better? Bonus cantrips is one thing, but how many?

Also, can anyone think of a name?

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Really like that feat.

I'd agree with Destil. You can cast your normal allotment of cantrips + primary casting stat bonus.

It's potentially a lot of cantrips, but I really can't see that causing problems at 7th level and beyond... which you need to qualify for it.

The only way I could really see cantrips causing a problem is if they're 'at will' - cure minor wounds would just be too good!

A name - Master of the lesser magics.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases