Walking Dead

Necrohazard

First Post
From the Book of Vile Darkness there are two templates "Bone Creature" and "Corpse Creature", I would like to know what people thought the LA for each of them should be, any help would be great, thanks.

Scharlata

First Post
Necrohazard said:
From the Book of Vile Darkness there are two templates "Bone Creature" and "Corpse Creature", I would like to know what people thought the LA for each of them should be, any help would be great, thanks.

Hi!

The bone creature/corpse creature templates have both a Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1 and both have an Advancement: By character class (see the Sample X Creatures below the templates).

I'm trying out the bone creatures in stead of plain vanilla skeletons and my players are on their toes. :]

I've changed the bonus feat Weapon Finesse (3.0) for the bone creature template to Combat Reflexes (3.5) since that may be more rewarding after applying the Dex bonus of +4 to the base creature.

The bone creature has a Damage Reduction of 5/Bludgeoning in 3.5, IIRC.

The corpse creature template gets feats: As base creature (Monte Cook said so).

Like to hear more from your "experiences" with the bone/corpse creature templates.

Kind regards

Necrohazard

First Post
Thanks for the info on all the updates and such, to the 3.5 and such. I was able to find out the CR +1, but that still does not really give me a LA for them, becase CR dont have much to do with LA. But from what I have seen you post I like it so far thanks.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Undead templates tend to have relatively high LA's because simply being undead offers a host of benefits. Add in things like the special abilities of the templates to boot, and it rises even more. I'd go with at least a +3.

Remove ads