(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2b)

William Ronald

Explorer
The current IR thread is at 200 posts. So, come over here and post.

Edena is going off line. If you want to discuss things, do it here.

Maybe post your actions here, and copy them to the new thread Edena will start.

Edena: Hope I am not being too presumptive by creating this thread.

Darkness, nemmerle, Ashtal, angramainyu: When Edena starts the new thread, you might want to consider merging this one with it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Edena should have waited the one minute to post this thread...

Anyway...

Yep yep... I am getting pretty agrivated sheer numbers of the Red Goo's PL. I would guess 500 PL died in the Blood Wastes in turn three. Somehow that turned into 100,000 PL. If you consider that people replicated more and more goo, they should have goo armies in thier countries, but the Blood waste shouldn't have gotten a x200 multiplier. And how is it that the red Goo hasn't conquered all of the Dark Union since they are in hiding? They should have lost quite a few territories by now without fighting. They would maintain their huge PL but they really should be losing land.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Red Goo PL is increased for a few reasons

1)Nukes
2)Hatred
3)Nature of Red Goo dissolving you

My main concern is that next turn/whenever the goo is dealt with a buncha whimps are going to come out of hiding and claim Oerth as there own after we fought for it. (Acererack,God Emperor, Melkor).

William Ronald

Explorer
Forrester wrote:

I confess, I'm confused at why nuking the Red Army is okay, but throwing molten core-of-sun at the Red Army is NOT okay.

It seems to me that the latter would do more damage, and leave less radiation.

Edena -- I think Anabstercorian might have the right idea here. So, I'll join him in the middle of the sun, with a good 6000PL of buffed-up Torillian troops, and help him with the Teleport Without Error action.

And I'll counterspell (using 10th level magic) any Wishes that others use to counter the Teleport Without Errors.

Bye-bye, Red Army.

Oh. Gee, while I'm there, I suppose I might as well check to see whether Anabstercorian is trying to figure out some way to DESTROY THE SUN while he's STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.

Not that I have any reason to be suspicious. He's always been a gentle soul.

Forrester

(Good to see you! Anabstercorian took HUGE quantities that destroyed everything in a 30 mile radius. Between his actions and the Red Army, worldwide damage resulted. Maybe smaller quantities that do not do world wide damage would be a good idea. As the Union of Oerth is largely abandoned, I suggest that dropping it on Red Army forces there would be wise. A scalpel is needed, not a guillotine or a nuke.

I think Anabstercorian would benefit from your guidance. Such a gentle soul. I suppose he decided to try turning off Toril's sun as he figured it needed a nap.:D

Also, send in the ground troops. The Angels really need the help. As do the mortals. Sorry if some of my posts seemed angry. Just keeping in character. Hazen may be an Angel, but he is still human.)

(Creamsteak: I think that the Black Brotherhood merged with it, so they tried to stir it to sentience. That may explain the PL. It has been growing like a cancer.)

Everyone, fight on. Oerth is not down for the count.

William Ronald

Explorer
Kalanyr,

I have a rule. If you don't fight for something, you don't deserve it.

Honestly, I think the Union's strategy for a long time has been to have other people solve the common threat. Mina is doing more than they are.

Forrester, thanks for stepping up to the plate. What took so long?

Hazen will supply Forrester with places where smaller amounts of fusing hydrogen can safely be placed to eliminate Red Army troops without killing those fighting them. New Dorakaa sounds like a good spot to me.:D Remember, 10 to 20 megatons, are not too bad. However, disintegrating a 30 mile area tends to cause seismic problems.

Also, Festy Dog is undersiege in the deep earth. The Forsaken One's retreat is buried under tons of rock. Zouron has not acted yet.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Minor question: What is Oerth Blood and what are Oerth Blood Weapons? Red Steel?

I really don't know what happened to my forces. I spend 200 PL to aid the Angels and Edena never mentioned them once...very strange. Edena, where are they and are they still alive (more or less)? They were equipped with Red Steel weapons and Armor.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
No idea if this is going to work, but....

Prismatic wall is a 7th lvl spell. What if I used 9th lvl magic to create a huge barrier of Positive Energy to stop the red army? If they get through the barrier, they'll probably get such a dose of positive energy that will free them from the red goo.

And this _IS_ an OOC thread, right? ^_^

Kalanyr

Explorer
Yep, this is an out of character thread.

Positive Energy Wall sounds like fun. Now I wonder if I could surround some mountains with those things before I shoot them. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases