(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 3)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE PLANET WRECKERS

Forrester posted:

I confess, I'm confused at why nuking the Red Army is okay, but throwing molten core-of-sun at the Red Army is NOT okay.
It seems to me that the latter would do more damage, and leave less radiation.
Edena -- I think Anabstercorian might have the right idea here. So, I'll join him in the middle of the sun, with a good 6000PL of buffed-up Torillian troops, and help him with the Teleport Without Error action.
And I'll counterspell (using 10th level magic) any Wishes that others use to counter the Teleport Without Errors.
Bye-bye, Red Army.

- - -

Yes indeed.
That is the end of the Red Army.

There is no way the beleagued mages of Oerth can stop what Forrester is doing.

And every time he does it, an explosion of between ten and one hundred thousand megatons goes off.
Fireballs 50 miles in diameter bloom on the surface of Oerth with each hit.

The first hit destroys the Red Army fighting the Angels.
It also destroys many of the Angels.

The second hit destroys the Red Army fighting the devils.
It also destroys the devils.

The third hit destroys the Red Army fighting the combined forces of the Kevellond League and Kalanyr's host.
And it also ...

William, Kalanyr, my regrets.
The Kevellond Host passes into history.
The drow host passes into history, along with their elven allies.
The demigods fighting at your side, pass into history: Keogtom, Zagyg, Murlynd, and others.
Veluna passes into history.

Mina is not killed ... the One God gave her omniscience to a limited extent, and seeing what was coming she teleported away.

The next hit obliterates the Red Army attacking the Isle of the Phoenix.
It also obliterates the Isle of the Phoenix.

Dozens of other hits rain down on the planet of Oerth.
The explosions are so great they push down the continental crusts of the world.
Tens of thousands of volcanoes explode into fiery life, and tens of thousands more suddenly appear where no volcanoes were before.
The entire Azure Sea and Denzac Gulf heave up, the waters overflowing and spilling away, as the ocean floor heaves itself high enough to become dry land (it is still well below sea level, but vast amounts of lava spilling down from what was eastern Varnaith forms a dam between Varnaith and Hempmonland.)

Maudlin's map becomes irrelevant, as some lands sink, others rise, rivers change their course or cease to exist, mountain ranges rear up or crash down, and earthquakes shake apart the Flanaess.

After the fireballs have passed, vast storms of what look like electricity, filling the atmosphere clear up into the mesosphere, remain where the hits occurred.
These are immense radiation fields, which can never be quenched by any magic short of 11th level magic, and in which nothing can survive for more than a few seconds, regardless of how well protected they are.

The upper atmosphere of Oerth becomes one great cloud.
Beneath it, the sky is pitch black.

But it is not dark. Oh no.

The unholy storms of green and bluish electricity, the red glare of volcanoes, the occasional yellow and white flashes of explosions, and the silver aura of Oerthblood, welling up in thousands of places across the Flanaess, ensure there is light aplenty and to spare.

Kalanyr Ascends, and becomes a demipower.
He can send his Avatar back to fight, if he wishes.

Iuz Ascends to being an Intermediate God, the God of Destruction and War.
He can send an Avatar back to fight, if he wishes.

As for Hazen ... the Angels rescue him, just before the blast hits.
They take him to the Lortmil Technomancy, the last remaining center of command in the Alliance of Oerth (east of the Crystalmists, that is) that is still reasonably intact.

Oerth is bombarded more than 50 times before the Red Army is destroyed.

AnaKeris, Aquaria, Telchuria, and Polaris survive, but all the continents are hit with great earthquakes, massive tidal waves, and the eruption of thousands of volcanoes.

The upheavals and explosions continue, relentlessly, across the world of Oerth, long after the bombardment ceases.

Last edited:

Edena, good that you're back.
You got time to reply in full to my mail and the creative way :p

Or not the time yet? I got some questions (and yeah I know I've got some whining in there but I want a good reason why they do I and don't :))

I got too much going at the time and before I am going to make new plans or do new things I need to have the answers and results of this.. I'm not going to war unprepared and with my pants still on the knees.
if I get my answers and results then I can continue, if they still have to wait (which is very well possible) then things will just have to wait some more...

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
Can I get an status update of the 70PL I flew into the empty Empire of Iuz to occupy it?

Also how is my army in the Uleks/Lortmil/Kron hills doing?

I had put the rest of my army into the Lortmil area to keep them out of the Uleks.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Forsaken One, your formians are hiding in that hole in the ground, deeply buried, 15 miles down.
Because your formians were doing so, they survived.

Dagger, the Kingdom of Ulek survived ... sort of. Your people in the Secret Retreat are ok.
As for the surface ... at this point, your people do not even know what the surface looks like.

And, for what it's worth, they don't want to know what the surface world looks like.

They know the Lortmils survived, and - incredibly - have not gone volcanic. That is all they know at the moment.

The 70 PL that was in the Empire of Iuz is gone. Destroyed. Vaporized. Forrester hit the Empire of Iuz with at least 3 hits.

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
Well that was then dragons and dwarven spelljammers then, fyi, when the list gets updated.

At least most of my armies survived then :)

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz Ascendent

Iuz looks down upon the destruction, "How fitting... the Torilian's have done more for our cause then one could ever hope..." his avatar descends from "grace" and comes down to Oerth... he smiles, "This is only the beginning..." Iuz sends out a planar call for Spirits and Demons of War and Destruction to join him... and whatever remnants of the Red Army or goo... is left to converge and begin anew...

Iuz sends a message to the powers of Oerth, "This is your intervention... now you see that peace cannot cannot reign... when war and brutality are your paths... I am pleased for it feeds me... and sates my hunger... continue... for I assure you will have little choice otherwise..."

OOC: Calling for followers... demons, spirits, whatever is left of my forces... time to build anew...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Vesve survived, because the Faerie and the Vesve are one, and they pooled their strength to save themselves.

Likewise, the Death Forest and the Unseelie saved each other.

Garnak Forest also survived - but how, is not known. There is no way it could have survived, yet it is still there.

The Secret Retreats all survived.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Iuz looks down upon the destruction, "How fitting... the Torilian's have done more for our cause then one could ever hope..." his avatar descends from "grace" and comes down to Oerth... he smiles, "This is only the beginning..." Iuz sends out a planar call for Spirits and Demons of War and Destruction to join him... and whatever remnants of the Red Army or goo... is left to converge and begin anew...

ANSWER: Disallowed. At this point, Iuz is out of forces, and will remain out of forces for at least some time to come.
The only remaining army Iuz has are the Firelanders in the Secret Retreat. They are his last army.

Iuz sends a message to the powers of Oerth, "This is your intervention... now you see that peace cannot cannot reign... when war and brutality are your paths... I am pleased for it feeds me... and sates my hunger... continue... for I assure you will have little choice otherwise..."

ANSWER: The ghost of the Wanderer would have much to say on this matter.

OOC: Calling for followers... demons, spirits, whatever is left of my forces... time to build anew...

ANSWER: Build anew? I don't think so. You have been busy destroying. Building anew, is going to take a very long time - even with 11th level magic, and even if all the Powers of Greyspace were to cooperate ... which I have not seen happen, and which I do not see happening.

Surviving surface countries:

Alyx: The Celestial Imperium.
Alzem: Hope Isle, Oerth
Anabstercorian: Inor Taladost
Black Omega: The Vesve Forest
Creamsteak / Sollir: None (Sollir's Secret Retreat is intact)
Dagger: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Darkness: Garnak Forest
Mr. Draco / Serpenteye: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Festy Dog: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Forsaken One: The Hive Cluster
Forrester: Toril and Realmspace are fine
GnomeWorks: The Lortmil Technomancy
Kaboom: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Kalanyr: Ishtarland
Melkor: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Maudlin: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Rhialto: None - total kill
Tokiwong: None (Secret Retreat is intact)
Uvenelei: Ishtarland
Valkys: Death Forest
Venus: Kron Hills
William: Gran March
Zelda: Schnai

Mina and her army: A remnant remains

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz sighs and his avatar retuns to his secret retreat to recuperate from the events... goes to indulge himself with his Firelander concubines... and beginning training a replacement for Malachai...

OOC: Malachai was killed as well I take it?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases