3.0-3.5 Edition Adventure Modules

Kyrail

First Post
I'm going to be running a 3.5 FR game, and looking online it doesn't seem there are any. As a matter of fact it seems the market is pretty slim on 3.0 modules at all. There are the 8 WotC modules that go from 1-20, but those are out of the question since the group has gone through some of them already.

Can anyone recomend level 1 mods that would work for a 3.5 FR campaign? I can seem to find anything that isn't campaign specific.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RichGreen

Adventurer
Kyrail said:
Can anyone recomend level 1 mods that would work for a 3.5 FR campaign?

I just started my 3.5 FR game off with Thirds of Purloined Vellum from Dungeon #88. It's 3.0, but no significant changes were needed. Dungeon is the best source of adventures these days -- even more so now they are publishing one low, one medum and one high adventure in each issue.

Hope this helps

Richard

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Generic: "The Hamlet of Thumble" (levels 1-2) and "The Village of Oester" (levels 3-5) which just got nominated for a ENnie as Best Adventure!

I'd also check out stuff by Necromancer Games and Goodman Games.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
My favorite adventure for beginning groups is Maiden Voyage, by Atlas Games/Penumbra. It's even got a built-in hook for bringing all the PCs together. It's not good for beginning DMs, however, as there are many detailed NPCs, and it is roleplaying intensive.

Sunless Citadel, the first of the Adventure Path modules you mentioned, is also a very good intro adventure, and if you like around the 'net, you can find great ideas for where to put it in the Forgotten Realms.

Jeff

LostSoul

Adventurer
I had a lot of fun playing in "Three Days to Kill" by someone other than Wizards. It's for 1st level PCs and could probably fit anywhere you want it to.

Kyrail

First Post
Sunless Citadel, the first of the Adventure Path modules you mentioned, is also a very good intro adventure, and if you like around the 'net, you can find great ideas for where to put it in the Forgotten Realms.

Own it, but I got it as a gift from one of my soon to be players, heh, because they all four recomended it as a good mod. It really is a good mod too, Im wondering if I'll ever be able to use it. The first one you mentioned, is it a sea-based module?

Last edited:

Kyrail

First Post
LostSoul said:
I had a lot of fun playing in "Three Days to Kill" by someone other than Wizards. It's for 1st level PCs and could probably fit anywhere you want it to.

Reading reviews on it describes it as "low fantasy" do you think it would fit in the forgotten realms well, or maybe more a greyhawk module?

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
The Wizards website also has many free adventures to download. In fact many sites do, just take a trip around the d20 publishers list on ENWORLD main page.

Also check out the conversion library. If you have old modules, from earlier editions, then this is useful.

I have just begun an old favourite 1E of mine - Secret Sinister of Saltmarsh. And thanks to the person whose name escapes me at the moment who has adapted it for 3.0 in the conversion library. :) (Not much needed to go to 3.5).

Connors

LostSoul

Adventurer
Kyrail said:
Reading reviews on it describes it as "low fantasy" do you think it would fit in the forgotten realms well, or maybe more a greyhawk module?

I think it could fit well in either setting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases