Spell area of effect templates

zoroaster100

First Post
I vaguely remember that someone had posted a while back that they had created area of effect templates for 1'' grid scale for a bunch of the core spells, such as various sized cones, 20' burst, etc.. I'm looking for area of effect templates I can download and print for use in my game. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Archade

Azer Paladin
Personally, I think these things would be great! It looks like the RPGA has some sort of package giving these templates away, but no clear instructions on how to get your hands on them ...

Staffan

Legend
Well, these are pretty much all the standard areas that fit on regular paper. They're in powerpoint format, 5, 10 and 15 ft radius bursts/spreads on the first page, 20 ft radius on the second, diagonal 30 ft and straight and diagonal 15 ft cones on the third, and a straight 30 ft cone on the fourth. Enjoy.

Attachments

• spellareas.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,074

GlassJaw

Hero
Just make your own. It's pretty easy but might take some time. I bought some posterboard of various colors. Then just measure out 1" squares or even use an existing battlemap as a guide. Make a grid on the posterboard itself and cut out the size you want. I even glued 2 posterboard layers together to make them stronger and used a different color on each side.

zoroaster100

First Post
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for. I'll print those out on cardstock of different colors and maybe add some color with crayons/color pencils. Where is the area of effect for a lightning bolt shown on a grid, anywhere in the core rulebooks?

Klaus

First Post
You guys looking for Spell Area Templates and Effects might want to check out Fiery Dragon's upcoming product BattleBox. It has all that and more, all in a sturdy tin box.

Coming soon to your FLGS!

:)

Staffan

Legend
zoroaster100 said:
Where is the area of effect for a lightning bolt shown on a grid, anywhere in the core rulebooks?
Lightning bolt is a weird case, because it has a "line" area of effect. You pick one corner to start it at, and another to end it at, 120 ft away. Draw a line between these two. Every square that is touched by these lines, except maybe those that are only touched on a near corner*, is affected. This means that it's virtually impossible to make a template for it.

* This means that if it touches a corner and moves on past the square, it's affected. If it touches a corner and stops there, it's not.

just__al

First Post
My wife got pipe cleaners and made frames for the Area of Effects. You can drop them on the map without upsetting any of the pieces. The 20ft radius is a little floppy even when she doubled up on the pipe cleaners. Guess we'll need to canabalize some wire hangers for it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases