What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

• Traded 'em in

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Sold 'em

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Kept 'em for sentimental reasons ("3.0 . . . those were the days")

Votes: 126 44.2%
  • Prop up the crooked gaming table with 'em

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Never updated to 3.5; I still play 3.0!

Votes: 53 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 53 18.6%

dead

Explorer
I didn't update to 3.5, so I've still got my 3.0 core books. (Nor did I update to the Expanded Psionics Handbook.)

Dark Jezter

First Post
Although I haven't used my 3.0 books at all since updating to 3.5e, I still keep them around. I even flip through them every now and then just for the heck of it.

Psimancer

First Post
They went straight into 'the library' (as my friends call it); I never get rid of anything. I have from my basic D&D, right through 1st, 2nd & 3rd editions to 3.5… and with multiple printing of most… My RPG collection spans close to ten large book shelves, and I could probably finance a new house on it, if I went by eBay prices! I guess thats what happens when you have a 20 year obsession with your hobby… :p

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
They're still in my library, as are the 1e DMG, MM and MMII, the 2e Monstrous Manual and even La Llamada de Cthulhu (The Chaosium CoC translated into Spanish, don'tcha know). I just like collecting and reading books I'll never use (although my Spanish is too poor to read La Llamada... quite yet).

Demiurge out.

Gothmog

First Post
Psimancer said:
They went straight into 'the library' (as my friends call it); I never get rid of anything. I have from my basic D&D, right through 1st, 2nd & 3rd editions to 3.5… and with multiple printing of most… My RPG collection spans close to ten large book shelves, and I could probably finance a new house on it, if I went by eBay prices! I guess thats what happens when you have a 20 year obsession with your hobby… :p

Word dude- I'm the same. I've been gaming for 20 years, have about 10-12 bookshelves of books from tons of RPG systems (not including minis or boardgames). I keep everything, because I never know when I'll want to whip it out and use it again. Plus its fun to look through for nostalgia reasons.

DarkWhite

First Post
Upgraded to 3.5. I also have a "Library" (4x bookcases) of 1st Ed, 2nd Ed, 3rd Ed, 3.5 Ed, also Basic/Expert/etc Dnd. I had 3x copies of 3.0 PHB, because my players were always reaching for my copy.

Now that 3.0 Core books are appearing on the second-hand shelves of my FLGS at a fraction of the price of 3.5 Core books, I've bought 2x copies of 3.0 MM and DMG for my two younger nephews, and will throw in one each of my own PHBs (still leaving me with one of my own). I haven't given them out yet, as I thought I'd get them started on DnD Basic due out next month, then introduce them to the "real thing".

3.0 more than satisfied me until 3.5 was released. So I figure, at second-hand prices, 3.0 should serve my nephews well, until they're old enough to start buying their own 4th Ed :cool:

Last edited:

Kyrail

First Post
My 3.0 books were "stolen" IE, I left them at a friends house, who like a skeezy little skeezer lent them to someone... who moved to college. This happened just before the 3.5 release by a matter of days, so I bought new books.

Add another check to the "Personal Library" column. :)

That's just the core books, though. I am planning to sell my 3.0 Psionics Handbook to Half-Price Books. The XPH is so much better...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases