Creature by Poll #8 - 7th Sanctum Edition! Name Poll

Which name should we use as the basis for our monster?

• Breeder Squid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canyonstroke Mystic

• Ghostly Slice

• Grimoiredrool Controller

• Meteoric Seeker-chiller

• Monster-blaster

Knight Otu

First Post
Remember?

Some of you may have noted that my recent monsters where inspired by Seventh Sanctum, either from the Dark Minions Generator, or from the Monster Generator. I'll give you 15 monster names to vote on, created by the generator in question, and we'll do the 5 highest ranking ones in order. 10 of the names come from the monster generator, 5 from the dark minions generator.

Based on the name, we're gathering concepts, including size and alignment. I think about doing this via e-mail. Once we have a nice number of concepts, we'll go on with the concept poll. After that, we'll have the Abilities/Attributes poll, and then we'll finalize it in a final discussion.

Some of the names generated by the Generators can be quite odd. If one of those comes up, I'll accept minor clean-ups with the concept submission, as long as the original meaning remains reasonably intact. This also goes for misspelled words.

Some of the Dark Minions will have a Lord or Place listed. If one of those comes up, we'll also work on that one, but not in as much detail.
Now it is voting time! :]
15 monster names are in the poll above. Vote for those you think might make good monsters and which you like. About the top 5 of them will be fleshed out later. You can vote for multiple items. Voting is public.

Ferret

Explorer
Ahhnd were back. Glad to see your ok otu.

I went with Raven entities and Astral mane. I really dislike some of the names on there but by the looks of it the astral mane is looking good.

Conaill

First Post
I'd prefer a lower-CR critter, so I went for Fallen Plant, Madness Custodian, and Raven Entities.

Cool names! So far, I really like doing it this way...

If anything, the names seem more likely to evoke specific character concepts rather than *creature* concepts.

Knight Otu

First Post
Poll closed! Final standings:

1: Astral Manes and Raven Entities, 4 votes each.3: Blaspheming Jackals of Keph-ekia, the Warping God and Lynx Mystic, 2 votes each.
5: Crushdemon Mantis, Fallen Plant, Madness Custodian and Monstrous Slayers, 1 vote each.
9: The rest, with no votes.

Ferret, I've thought about doing a tie-breaker poll for 5th place, but I have decided that I won't. I don't feel like going through another week of nothing happening on the polls. ;) Since I said "about the top 5", so the top four is still within reason.
For the 1st and 3rd places, a tie-breaker would just decide the order in which we flesh them out, and I think alphabetically would work just as well. Or we can work on two creatures at the same time. ;)

Of course, if any of you disagree with me, speak up! :)

Ferret

Explorer
Whilst I would normally say aphabetacallleey is a good idea I want to do the Raven entities (Based of off the creatures that cam after raven in the Teen titans cartoon)

Maybe a Pool would work?

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by pool, but I guess we can try to gather concepts for Astral Manes and Raven Entities at the same time, and then continue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases