ENNIE nominated best adventure - Barakus - still available

cleaverthepit

First Post
4945ec00.jpg

Plunge into the forgotten city of Barakus where only the bold survive! Explore cavernous dungeons, intrigue with wary soldiers and battle horrors from the edge of time. Barakus is an Epic introductory location-based adventure for character levels 1-5, revised for the 3.5 system. This huge adventure provides months of gaming material. The book details a complete city, the wilderness surrounding it, and a huge, 5-level dungeon. Dozens of minor quests and puzzles are used to distract and entertain adventurers while the main storyline builds to a crescendo.

This adventure and sourcebook contains over 30 highly detailed side quests that take place in the wilderness and city, and the dungeon itself contains over 200 numbered encounter areas. Players can attempt to stop the city beggars from being sold as slaves, face bandits in the wilderness, expose the corruption of a noble family, and destroy an ancient evil that caused the downfall of the lost civilization. Written by industry renowned authors WDB Kenower and Bill Webb, this adventure is the perfect way to begin a new campaign, or to continue an existing one.

Necromancer Games Presents: The Lost City of Barakus
Adventure-Setting (d20); Hardback, $34.95, 212 pages;

Order here

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
For the record, I think your last 4 posts could have been done under a single post with all the information.

4 seprate posts like that is almost flooding/spamming.

IMO

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Oh it has nothing to do with the product, it was just the top post. 4 posts from the same company like that is just a tad unneccasaarry. You could have made one large post and stuff. thats all. :-D

JoeGKushner

First Post
d20 sales must really be low if this thing is still around. I thought that it was supposed to be a limited printing at that. Publishers might have to start working on some in-store awareness programs or something to help move material if even limited print run books can't be sold.

cleaverthepit

First Post
ahh its my convention stock. we set aside abot 100 copies to sell at conventions. I am not suppose to sell it except at convention (you know so we always have a few to show) but I figure since its in MY house i can sell it if i want. I figured since it had an ennie nomination I would suprt the ennie thing and sell some product to those who won't be able to get it in a store - though I think Diamond has about 80 left in their warehouse.

davis

BrooklynKnight said:
It does look cool. If it was 50% off at Gencon, i MIGHT be inclined to grab it.
Even at full price, it's well worth it. I enjoyed reading Barakus very much, enough so that I read it twice, and plan on running it soon.

BTW, congrats on the nomination. We looked at lots of great adventures this year, and making the top 5 is high praise.

PatrickLawinger

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
It does look cool. If it was 50% off at Gencon, i MIGHT be inclined to grab it.

With the exception of "special" deals to get rid of inventory on the last day of a convention, we have to sell books at full retail price. If we gave 50% discounts at conventions (or on the internet) distributors and retailers would not pick us up. You aren't going to find people at the convention selling their books at discounts. Now, they often throw in "extras" as that isn't against the "rules." Books that are "old" can also be discounted. At the convention it is not unheard of for someone to give you a "freebie" when you buy one or two books. Of course, you might have to ask.

Treebore

First Post
All I know is I am having a blast running this in conjunction with/tied to The Grey Citadel; and I bought two copies, because I know I want to have a copy of this for a loonng time to come! It got my vote for the ennies, much better than the other 3 Ennie nominees I have/own.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases