NoVA/DC/MD Gen Con Attendees!!

The_Universe

First Post
I post this out of pure, shameless curiosity.

How many of you NoVA/DC/MD gamers are heading to Gen Con, this year?

I'm curious to know which of you area Enworlders I might get a chance to meet at the Con.

How are you getting there? Driving? Carpooling with friends? Caravan? Flying? Hitchhiking? Walking? Crawling? Slithering? Teleporting?

If you HAPPEN to be driving, and have been to Indy/Gen Con before, do you have any recommendations for a first-timer on a route?

Maybe we'll see you at a rest stop, or something. I'll be the fat guy with a goatee....(wait a minute...aren't almost all of us fat guys with goatees?)

;)

--Kennon

Well, I'm not from NoVA, but I'm from Central VA. Is that close enough? My friend Tim, who is going to GenCon with me, is from NoVA.

Make sure you stop by the ENnies booth, I'll be there from time to time. I've got your badge made up, be sure to stop by and get it.

I'll be driving, although probably a different route than last time (took a few detours last year). Get directions from mapquest.com, thats probably the best thing to do. The trip should be around 9-10 hours from DC, if I'm not mistaken.

Here is a great GenCon info page, read it, learn it, use it!
http://php.iupui.edu/~wrporter/

See you there.

Rich

The_Universe

First Post
Awesome. My wife and I, and the 2 others that are coming with us will be there bright and early thursday to get out Enworld badges. :D

Thanks for the link!

Psion

Adventurer
The_Universe said:
How many of you NoVA/DC/MD gamers are heading to Gen Con, this year?

/me Raises Hand.

How are you getting there? Driving? Carpooling with friends? Caravan? Flying? Hitchhiking? Walking? Crawling? Slithering? Teleporting?

Slithering... I mean southwest. ;)

Maybe we'll see you at a rest stop, or something. I'll be the fat guy with a goatee....(wait a minute...aren't almost all of us fat guys with goatees?)

Goatee... no
Fat... lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, but still, pretty much, yeah.

Remove ads