Chicago/North IL D20 Gamma World or Darwin's World?

I've been toying with the idea of running a D20 Gamma World or Darwin's World campaign and am curious to see if there's anyone in the Northern Illinois/Chicago area who might be interested. I'm in Gurnee, about an hour north of Chicago, so I'd be interested in players within an hour's drive from me. Age group would be 25-40.

William Ronald

Explorer
You might want to contact Reidzilla, an EN World member who planned on running a Darwin's World game at the last EN World gameday. Check the members list and reply to one of his posts. (The e-mail feature is now disabled.)

Gru

First Post
Gamma World Revisited

If this happens, count me in!

I last played Gamma World in the early '80s and loved it, although I couldn't keep up with all the mutations. I hear they've made the concept a lot more playable in either the D20 or DW permutation, so I'd be very interested in a "rematch."

I'm on the north shore, so anything downtown or N/NW 'burbs works great for me. I'll keep my eye on this thread for future announcements.

I've got the D20 Gamma World rulebooks, but haven't checked out the D20 Darwin's World rules yet. I'm curious to see how they differ. One thing I noticed about the D20 Gamma World is their emphasis on widespread nanotechnology affecting so many things, which makes for a different feel than the classic genre, which was more radiation/mutation oriented. If I do run a Gamma World campaign, I think I'll seriously reduce the emphasis on nanotechnology.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases