D20 Future: Will there be a Menace Manual type of book for d20 Future?

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Will there be any d20 Future support? Any type of all purpose supplements like the wonderful Menace Manual? (space bestiary, interstellar groups, etc.)

I'd love to see some of these campaign worlds expanded a bit more too...well...a lot more actually.

:p

Olive

Explorer
Well, JDWiliker has said that there are no plans to put out any supplements, so no unless someone does a 3rd party version...

Turanil

First Post
I bought Menace Manual thinking I would use it with d20 Future. As such, I don't need a new book on that subject. There is already space critters in Menace Manual, personnaly I don't need more.

d4

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
What's wrong with the Menace Manual?
or for that matter, any of your D&D monster books.

change the FX from magic to some technobabble scientific explanation and run with it.

The_Universe

First Post
I plan to do much of what is suggested above, but I can't say I'd mind seeing a true science fiction monster supplement. Half of Menace Manual are pregen NPCs and organization descriptions.

We can make do with what we have, but does that mean we can't want more?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Tom Cashel said:
Yeah, that's pretty much waht I was going to say.

What's wrong with the Menace Manual?

Space is full of evil koala bears? (Drop Bears).

The trouble with menace manual (for d20 Future, anyway), is that the vast majority of the monsters are either earth critters or horror based (or both). And that only half the book is made up of critters/monsters/aliens. Another 1/4 is pre-made NPCs (did we need both a lawyer and an attorney?) and the rest is a bunch of groups (the best part of the book, I thought.)

I would like to see something with more aliens. Plausible aliens, not the kind that were in d20 Future itself. Plus space monsters, like the xenomorphs from the original Bughunters. I'd also like to see a more true to reality (?) coverage of aliens from UFO lore, not Dark Matter's take on them.

(I got my cheap menace manual from Amazon.com on Fri. DHL can actually deliever to P.O. Boxes. Go figure)

Lizard

Explorer
I got three words for y'all: Oh Gee El.

The D20F material is, I believe, scheduled for addition to the SRD RSN. Once it does, someone, probably, a lot of someones, will be spitting out Monster Manuals for it.

Bill Scott

First Post
Ghost2020 said:
Will there be any d20 Future support? Any type of all purpose supplements like the wonderful Menace Manual? (space bestiary, interstellar groups, etc.)

Maybe they'll, WOTC in other words, support Future like they support Modern. If you don't notice my sarcasm, HELL NO. Hopefully the great companies known as Green Ronin and RPG Objects will pick up the slack like they did for Modern

Remove ads