Someone

Our illustrious alternates are:

Thels
Zerth
Serpenteye
Happy Funball
OneAboveAll

With character creation rules being:

Normal starting equipment for a 20th level character. When building equipment with multiple effects, the highest cost ability is normal, the subsequent abilities costs is multiplied by 1.5. Standard DMG abilities, if you are really interested in something from another source, we can talk.

35 standard point buy for attributes (all stats start at 8 to buy a point of attribute from 9-14 cost 1, from 15-16 cost 2 and 17-18 cost 3. So a 12 would cost 4 and a 15 would cost 8).

The prestige classes in the DMG are fine, beyond that I can not promise anything, but if it interests you, shoot it past me and we will talk. Feats are okay from the Player Handbook, beyond that, again, we will talk. Lastly Races again from the Players Handbook, and like the other stuff if you are interested in something else, we can talk about it.

Permanent Int bonuses (such as Inherent bonuses and level bonuses) retroactively add skill points (but not languages). Bonuses from items or spells do not add skill points retroactively or otherwise.

Hit points are max at first and 75% there after.

The In Character thread can be found here.

The Rogues Gallery can be found here.

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Ferrix said:
Any comments on my three ideas, the one I'd want to play the most is the dwarven iconic. Oh yeah, I dropped the dwarf paragon. It'd be deepwarden, pious templar and hammer of moradin... i wanted one of them at 10 levels so I could progress in epic better. Is that alright?

I don’t have my books with me, but I can’t recall having heard of any of those classes before. Can you tell me what source you are drawing those from. I am also assuming that there is no epic progression for them and I would need to come up with something (which shouldn’t be a problem).

If you mean something specific about an iconic Dwarf, I am also unfamiliar with that, so I would need your source for that as well.

I should note that I am going to try and set a deadline for character creation and starting the game. Currently I am thinking August 30 or not next Monday but the Monday after that. Does that give you all enough time?

Ashy

First Post
Wrahn,

I don't know if you are still checking the old thread, but Ferrix and I are working together in tying our characters/characters' backgrounds together. Hope that is okay!

Wrahn

First Post
Ashy said:
Wrahn,

I don't know if you are still checking the old thread, but Ferrix and I are working together in tying our characters/characters' backgrounds together. Hope that is okay!

Yes I am, and that is great by me.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Wrahn said:
Yes I am, and that is great by me.
Wrahn, Asly, and Ferrix: Is their any reason to have two OOC threads? :) If you two can move over to this one I would be a much happier bugbear. ;)

(If you need it for a post or two that cool for the background stuff but lets try to be all in the new thread by tommarow morning.)

Thanks,
BS
PbP moderator

Someone

Adventurer
Ashy said:
Wrahn,

If you can think on a way to fit there a sorcerer, that would be great ;)

Anyway, my character is half done and I´ll post him soon. Definitely a Sorcere 15/Archmage 5. I have a couple questions: is it possible to pick Spell Power more than once? Also, for a character of so high level, I´m thinking that an age of at least 40 would be more appropiate, though that means stat bonuses and penalties that I prefer not to take, for various reasons. If you like, I can ignore them or make a younger character.

Wrahn

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Wrahn, Asly, and Ferrix: Is their any reason to have two OOC threads? :) If you two can move over to this one I would be a much happier bugbear. ;)

(If you need it for a post or two that cool for the background stuff but lets try to be all in the new thread by tommarow morning.)

Thanks,
BS
PbP moderator

For me to have more control over the thread, plus there is a request up in the other thread for another game master and another epic game, which I wouldn't be running, so I didn't think it appropriate for us to post all our game info in potentially someone elses thread.

But yes, my intention is for everyone to post here, I am just watching the thread to make sure that we don't leave people behind.

Someone said:
Anyway, my character is half done and I´ll post him soon. Definitely a Sorcere 15/Archmage 5. I have a couple questions: is it possible to pick Spell Power more than once? Also, for a character of so high level, I´m thinking that an age of at least 40 would be more appropiate, though that means stat bonuses and penalties that I prefer not to take, for various reasons. If you like, I can ignore them or make a younger character.

Age is fine (with all modifiers there of) and makes sense.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I played a polymorph happy wizard once, and my DM ruled that to change into something you had to make an appropriate knowledge check DC 10+HD of creature.

Nature: Animals, Plants, Fey, Giants, Humanoids
Arcana: Magical Beasts, Constructs, Dragons
The Planes: Outsiders, Elementals
Religion: Undead
Dungeoneering: Oozes, Aberrations, Vermin

If that works for you, I'll create the character. If you'd prefer that I not do that, I can think of MANY other concepts (epic is fun that way).

Wrahn

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
I played a polymorph happy wizard once, and my DM ruled that to change into something you had to make an appropriate knowledge check DC 10+HD of creature.

Nature: Animals, Plants, Fey, Giants, Humanoids
Arcana: Magical Beasts, Constructs, Dragons
The Planes: Outsiders, Elementals
Religion: Undead
Dungeoneering: Oozes, Aberrations, Vermin

If that works for you, I'll create the character. If you'd prefer that I not do that, I can think of MANY other concepts (epic is fun that way).

That works for me. I will play around a little with the Shifter's skills to give you those KS as class skills (I will probably remove one or two to compensate, but I don't have my books here, I will post later).

Remove ads