Races of Destiny

Sargon

First Post
I read this in a thread on another board. In Dragon magazine 323, Races of Destiny is mentioned that it is coming out in December 2004. I looked it up on amazon.com and they also say 2004. I, however, do not see it on the products listed on this sites homepage, or WOTC 2004 product page. Does anyone know if this book is still scheduled to come out.

Thanks for any info

Paul

Knight Otu

First Post
Races of Destiny actually made the EN-news a few times, I believe.

Races of the Wild was originally scheduled to come out in December, but was pushed back to the current date. Races of Destiny, which is apparently the "half-breed" book, was supposedly being pushed forward in its place. However, it seems that in this shuffling, RoD was overlooked when the Product Page was updated. Up until the Dragon catalog/ad, I believe there was no official catalog listing it for December 04.

Knight Otu said:
Races of Destiny actually made the EN-news a few times, I believe.

Races of the Wild was originally scheduled to come out in December, but was pushed back to the current date. Races of Destiny, which is apparently the "half-breed" book, was supposedly being pushed forward in its place. However, it seems that in this shuffling, RoD was overlooked when the Product Page was updated. Up until the Dragon catalog/ad, I believe there was no official catalog listing it for December 04.
Hmm, interesting.

I was sure it wasn't the Elf/Halfling book since that's Races of the Wild. So a Half-Elf/Half-Orc book this December? If its anything like Races of Stone, I'm grabbing that the second I can.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Yes, Races of Destiny is for Humans and half-breeds (maybe including the planetouched).

Btw: Someone commented about the Duergar and Svirfneblin not getting much coverage in Races of Stone, even though they're dwarves and gnomes, respectively, and have as much to do with stone as their regular cousins. Let's wait for the announcements or Races of the Wild (whatever comes earlier), but I suspect that there's a "Races of the Underdark" coming, with Drow, Duerger, Svirfneblin.

ecliptic

First Post
I wish Races of the Wild would come out before Destiny.

tw: Someone commented about the Duergar and Svirfneblin not getting much coverage in Races of Stone, even though they're dwarves and gnomes, respectively, and have as much to do with stone as their regular cousins. Let's wait for the announcements or Races of the Wild (whatever comes earlier), but I suspect that there's a "Races of the Underdark" coming, with Drow, Duerger, Svirfneblin.

I expect a Races of the Deep.

Gez

First Post
Illumian? Whazzat? It's official? If so, it seems they want to continue on the Goliath's trail and introduce new weird races in each of the "Races of" series.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Gez said:
Illumian? Whazzat? It's official? If so, it seems they want to continue on the Goliath's trail and introduce new weird races in each of the "Races of" series.

Yeah, new race. No idea what is does, perhaps it's the results of humans interbreeding with phosphorescent fungi?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases