CMG's GenCon 2004 and ENnies Photos (Help Morrus w/captions for the ENnies Tables!)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Managed to get down to GenCon 2004, just for Friday, but it allowed me to take a few photos and attend the ENnies ceremony. I'll try to get the names correct but please let me know if I mix anyone up (and accept my apologies, if so).

This first section of photos is of the ENnies Booth. Joseph "jaldean" Miller (photo one) coordinated the booth schedule. In photo two, he's seen with BrooklyKnight (left), SpoonyBard (left middle), and Teflon Billy (right).

Last edited:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Mark said:
Managed to get down to GenCon 2004, just for Friday, but it allowed me to take a few photos and attend the ENnies ceremony. I'll try to get the names correct but please let me know if I mix anyone up (and accept my apologies, if so).

This first section of photos is of the ENnies Booth. Joseph "jaldean" Miller (photo one) coordinated the booth schedule. In photo two, he's seen with BrooklyKnight (left), SpoonyBard (left middle), and Teflon Billy (right).
It looks like it Mark...glad to see you got home safely...

:cool:

Mark

Truth Seeker said:
It looks like it Mark...glad to see you got home safely...

:cool:

Thanks! Drop me an email with the subject line "Truth Seeker" (to get passed the spam filters) if you would, please. I am working on something that could use your input.

Meanwhile, in the old not-so-abandoned convention district...

The signage out of doors are incredibly helpful, easy to follow, and the walk/don't walk signs even have a countdown (something I hadn't seen before).

The Capitol Plaza has some very cool fountains and walkways. (Many steps, very tranquil... ;) )

Last edited:

Mark

The Hyatt and the Westin flank the Capitol Plaza and are both connected to the cenvention center by skyways...

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Berandor said:
Wow. Teflon Billy really looks like his avatar.
He *is* his avatar. In fact, I distinctly heard him admit to being a caricature. Not that it was necessary for him to admit it, since it's so obvious and widely known. Why, even the swag poster WotC gave out has him in the corner, looking at a treasure map!

Mark

It's funny cause it's true... :p

The escalators down from the skyway that spans over from the Westin (closest to the ENnies Booth) descends into a food court at the convention center and right outside of the huge dealer's hall. Although I didn't have the time to sample the comestibles, I have it on good authority from my buddy thalmin (who was also the good friend who invited me along to the con) that the prices are more reasonable and most everything is better tasting then what passed for convention food back in Milwaukee.

I saw my old firend Mike Mensa who (along with Brad Ruby) runs the COWS Gamers ( http://www.geocities.com/cowsgamers/ ), a Chicago Gaming Group (with a Yahoo list community) that focuses on RPGA events.

A couple of young gamer men were working overtime on the Trading Card Game buildings that took up a good deal of a stretch of corridor not far from the ENnies Booth.

Sculptress Kim Graham ( http://kim_sculptor.home.comcast.net/ ) was working with her team on a large clay dragon in one foyer. I have no idea how they would trasport it down to alsih2o's kiln ouitside of Memphis, but I wish them luck! :D

Mark

There were many open gaming areas, and plenty of large rooms devoted to all kinds of gaming tournaments. Some were a bit quiet by the time I got around to checking them out, but others were scheduled to be hosting events all through the night and right on through the whole weekend.

The displays created for the dealer's room were all very impressive, but so were those set up for some of the larger companies' tournament rooms. One even had the old batmobile on display and was rolling a bat signal spotlight all around the hall!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases