Are we tired?

Ferret

Explorer
There have been lots of "Are we tired of..." threads but I want to know are we tired, in general. I know that DND has a huge fan base and isn't going any where but are, at least half expecting something new? We've gotten Ebberon, but is that enough?

Do the core races bring to much baggage?

I'm not surprised that the drow thread came up (especially with drizzle), but now some are questioning elves?

So are we tired?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Tired? Hmm. My next campaign will have humans as the only playable race, and in fact, the only race from the PHB. But I figured that was just me. I have a long standing policy of not allowing elves or gnomes, because my hat for them know no limit.

Ferret

Explorer
That's "now no limit", BTW. What stems this hat of elves and knomes? (And more importantly; how does this make you think about your mother?)

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Ya, I'm tired. But I think that has to do with just coming back from Gen Con then anything else.

As for the boards and gaming I'm just fine. There are great things on the horizon as well as already published. If you get tired of the normal stuff, there is plenty of great things on the fringe.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Ferret said:
So are we tired?
Not really.

But that's because we don't play D&D all the way until we are thoroughly burned out (like when you listen to one favorite song and you listen to it and no other until you are sick and tired of the "noise"). After the end of a campaign we switch game, from that to d20 Modern/Mecha Crusade to Spycraft to Mutants & Masterminds, etc.

MDSnowman

First Post
my hat of Gnomes and Halflings know no limits...

Seriously... I have an intense distaste for the small races. Everytime I've made a world from scratch I have never put in a race smaller than Medium. Just something about them rubs me the wrong way.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
MDSnowman said:
Seriously... I have an intense distaste for the small races. Everytime I've made a world from scratch I have never put in a race smaller than Medium. Just something about them rubs me the wrong way.
They have small hands and smell of cabbage?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yes I'm tired. I'm tired of working 8 and half hours and only getting paid the bare mininium. I'm tired of guys that have half the education I do, (or paid off enough people to slip by) landing CEO positions, gambling away money like it's rain water, and then getting slaps on the wrists by goverments. I'm tired of drug companies charging arms and legs for drugs that you can get elsewhere cheap and insurance companies that do almost the same. I'm tired of all this and I want to be the DM now. :p

PC, you can erase this rant.

Last edited:

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
I have no hat o' elves.. but the Halflings are definately wearing bowlers in my realm.. meaning they're a thing of the past.

I'm tired.. but it's from living vicariously through Crothian... boy is he a machine when it comes to partying at cons;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases