Ranger Favored Enemy

Joust

First Post
Don't have my books with me, though I don't know if they answer the question very well anyway.

When a Ranger selects a favored enemy, does he pick a "group" like Abberation? or does he pick a single, particular Abberation?

Pevishan

First Post
It does say.

The only two that you pick a more specific enemy is Humaniod and Outsider. With those two you need to select a sub-type.

graydoom

First Post
You pick a group, except for Humanoid and Outsider. Since those two groups encompass so much, you have to choose a sub-group (like Goblinoid or Devil) instead of the whole group.

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: Related Queshtun

Staldin*Freefall said:
Could a ranger choose a subtype of outsider like (evil) or (fire)? (goblinoid) and (reptilian) are designated in such a way as well.

If a player wanted to do this, I'd allow it; but it isn't required by the rules. I think it would be quite a reasonable house rule, actually. Why should a lawful good ranger get bonuses to kill an astral deva?

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
Below is the list of "types" given for a Bane weapon or a Slaying arrow:
01-05 Aberrations
06-08 Animals
09-13 Beasts
14-20 Constructs
21-25 Dragons
26-30 Elementals
31-35 Fey
36-40 Giants
41-45 Magical beasts
46-50 Monstrous humanoids
51-53 Oozes
54-58 Outsiders, chaotic
59-65 Outsiders, evil
66-70 Outsiders, good
71-75 Outsiders, lawful
76-77 Plants
78-85 Shapechangers
86-92 Undead
93-94 Vermin
95-100 Humanoids (choose subtype)

And for Ranger's we have:
Aberrations
Animals
Beasts
Constructs
Dragons
Elementals
Fey
Giants
Humanoid type
Magical beasts
Oozes
Outsider type
Plants
Shapechangers
Undead
Vermin
So I would say that "Outsiders(evil)" is a perfectly valid choice for a ranger enemy.

I asked because Outsider(evil) is a considerably broader range than Devils or Demons. I won't judge whether this increases the ranger's effectives for good or bad.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases