Core Rulebook Gift Set

Sado

First Post
Does anyone have this?

Was thinking about ordering it, but the page count is listed as 320 pgs, which is the same as the PHB. How is this possible, when the gift set includes the PHB, DMG, and MM?

Is that page count correct?

Skip it. It's just a set of the regular 3 core books, in a single slipcase. If you already have the 3 core books, the only thing new is the case, which isn't worth it, IMHO.

Last edited:

Dismas

First Post
If you don't already have 3.5 then it is good as it is generally cheaper than buying the books seperately. Eberron got me to move to 3.5 and looking around the Gift Set was the best value. I was surprised at how sturdy the slipcase actually is.

The page count is incorrect. I think amazon and the like have only counted the pages in one of the books :)

techno

Explorer
I have the gift set. I was pleasantly surprised at the sturdiness and quality of the slipcase. If you don't already have the 3.5 core books, I think it is the best way to go.

diaglo

Adventurer
or maybe amazon is confusing it with the collector's edition of the core books.

the leatherbound one being released for collectors. :confused:

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I got it when I moved to 3.5. The slipcover, as mentioned, is quite sturdy, but if you have a bookshelf where you keep your other books, it might not fit (it doesn't in mine.).

Sado

First Post
I don't have all the 3.5 core books. In fact, I don't really have any 3.5's (just the Mongoose Pocket Player's Guide, which is basically the SRD in print form). Thought it might be a good way to beef up the collection.

Remove ads