Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved

Krug

Newshound
Spotted at Monte's forums.

The newest White Wolf Quarterly catalogue just came out. Intriguingly, under a release date of February 2005 is listed "Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved", with a price of $39.95. Anyone 'in the know' want to tell us what it is?

Well, this is purely a guess--I don't know anything more about Monte's stuff than anyone else--but could it be an "alternate handbook" for D20 Modern or Future?

Last edited:

BlackMoria

First Post
I'm playtesting Arcana Evolved but I am under a NDA. Rather than say what it is, I will say what it is not.

It is not AU 'Modern', as some have speculated

It is not an AU 'Unearthed Arcana' compilation of variant rules, also speculated.

It is not AU 'Steampunk'....someone is bound to conclude this based on the 'Evolved' part of the title. But, no.

Sorry to be such a tease, but I do take my NDA seriously.

More information will come out in a upcoming issue of 'Sword and Sorcery Insider'.....though what issue, I don't know.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
I'm guessing it's either a general supplement for AU (e.g., "The Complete Magister" or "Races of the Oath", but all the AU classes and races in one book), or else an update/revision.

BlackMoria said:
I'm playtesting Arcana Evolved but I am under a NDA. Rather than say what it is, I will say what it is not.

It is not AU 'Modern', as some have speculated

It is not an AU 'Unearthed Arcana' compilation of variant rules, also speculated.

It is not AU 'Steampunk'....someone is bound to conclude this based on the 'Evolved' part of the title. But, no.

Sorry to be such a tease, but I do take my NDA seriously.

More information will come out in a upcoming issue of 'Sword and Sorcery Insider'.....though what issue, I don't know.

Taking NDAs seriously IS a good thing, so can't fault you there.

However, we CAN thank you for telling us what its not. :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
My first thought was that its a sort of Epic Handbook for AU. Then I reconsidered. I guees its more likely to contain material for mid- to high-level characters; PrCs and similar stuff.

Actually, I guess it could even be C) Both of the above...

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
An 'Epic Level Handbook' for Arcana Unearthed would be spiffy. Especially if it improved on some of the weaker parts of D&D's Epic rules - with Monte's name affixed and some decent marketing, it might actually become the d20 standard for Epic play, and perhaps open the doors to more Epic material in the future.

It's worth noting that Epic material recently joined the SRD...

Remove ads