"Epic" progression after 6th level

Ry

Explorer
Pretty ad-hoc. Sometimes I use the tables, other times I just throw in a resource or reward that I thought of before. When I'm using a module I usually only award items that I think make sense; no tapestries in the room with the fire elementals.

Asmor

First Post
Sorry, what I meant was whether you still allowed people to accrue magical items (and/or wealth to procure them), since that matters alot in terms of power... A level 6 with +6 strength and con is effectively a few levels higher in terms of attack bonus and HP.

I've got to say, though, I really like this idea. It seems like it would work especially well in d20 modern, as well, with maybe a discount on buying talents.

Ry

Explorer
Well, the system is at least a bit self-monitoring; since the world only goes up to 6th level casters, nobody can make items that have higher reqs. Occasionally I'll put in a better item as a plot focus.
For example, if Kord (for whom I would use stats of a Titan) made a sword, it could be better, because as a Titan Kord can cast higher-level spells than a mortal can.

But the magic item haul of CR 1-6 NPCs is fairly light, even if CR 7+ monsters are around they're not loaded with magic items like NPCs would be. CR 10's random treasure has 1% chance of a Medium magic item, if I remember correctly.

Dragonblade275

First Post
Glad to see you're still working on this and that you've had such success with it.

Our group finally got around to getting a real campaign going... We're going through the Shackled City with Core plus Arcana Evolved and the Complete books... And, the one thing that I'm noticing is that our group likes to do a lot of fighting... more than the Shackled City includes... Problem is that adding more monsters equates to gaining more experience too quickly... So... I'll likely be scaling back on the XP awards...

The first few levels always seem to be the most fun... Perhaps, after the Shackled City... we might try your idea of epic advancement after 6th level.

Ry

Explorer
If your guys would be amenable to something even more rules-light, drop me a line once you're done Shackled City. Around then I'll be looking for more external playtesters for Legends, which might have some appeal if you like to run things fast.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Are there fast play / teaser rules for WFRP around anywhere? Legends is close to being finished but I'd love to take a look at it.

Meeki

First Post
I like the idea of your system, with capping out hps and what not and buying advancements but do you find that your game favors more front loaded classes like fighters than classes that shine more at later levels like wizards. I would feel jipped as a wizard being capped at lvl 3 spells. I understand its suppose to be low magic but how do you deal with wizards not wanting to be evocers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases