"Epic" progression after 6th level

Khuxan

First Post
Hi,

I quickly went through the SRD docs and deleted class levels from 7 to 20, spell levels from 4 to 9, and feats with impossible prerequisites. It's a bit of a rushed job, so I'm sure it's got relics of the old system (for example, fighters still have Improved Critical as a bonus feat option even though that's been removed), but it was created to easily compare classes from 1st to 6th level without the baggage of levels 7 to 20.

http://www.box.net/shared/z62l7pnlxs

Ry

Explorer
Hey, sweet - tastic. I expected no less from a feat man such as yourself :)

That makes me think of a tagline:

If you love feats, you'll love... Ry20.

But then again, maybe I should go with:

Ry20: Shut up and play.

Ry

Explorer
BTW, thanks for titling it Ry20 :)

I love EN World.

And Bump, because I've updated the first post with the 2 optional rules that I use with this game (level adjustment and Conviction).

Koewn

Explorer
This'd work out really nice with True Sorcery too; stopping at 6th leaves you at 9 ranks in Spellcraft and First Magnitude (which is where the bulk of the talents are).

It'd be a lot more lower magic that DND; but TS takes on modifications like group casting rituals and whatnot very easily.

Items that give bonuses to Spellcraft would quickly become legendary.

Ry

Explorer
You know the DM's Best Friend rule? Well, in Ry20 (with Players roll all the dice), you've still got the DM's Best Friend, but in addition, meet the DM's Sultry Mistress.

I was looking at my old D&D statistical analysis stuff (I have a big database of monsters and NPCs and I did some curves for how they develop) and I hit upon something for the 1-6 + feats range of characters. When you look at the attack DCs (11+attack roll for die-rollin' DMs), armor classes, save DCs, and even skills, you start to see a pattern that fits - not badly - to the following set.

The DM's Sultry Mistress

Typical DCs / ACs by level:
Level 1: 15
Level 2: 16
Level 3: 17
Level 4: 18
Level 5: 19
Level 6: 20

If you think your situation is atypical, add or subtract up to 5.

Obviously, these aren't hard figures; but they are close-enough-to-get-away-with-it figures.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Khuxan said:
Hi,

I quickly went through the SRD docs and deleted class levels from 7 to 20, spell levels from 4 to 9, and feats with impossible prerequisites. It's a bit of a rushed job, so I'm sure it's got relics of the old system (for example, fighters still have Improved Critical as a bonus feat option even though that's been removed), but it was created to easily compare classes from 1st to 6th level without the baggage of levels 7 to 20.

http://www.box.net/shared/z62l7pnlxs

I wish I had some talent at layout, because if I did I would turn these things into a "real" player's handbook.

Machiavelli

First Post
How do players usually handle choosing level-adjusted races with the level adjustment modification? Specifically, how well does the loss of starting stats usually balance out with the gain of starting stats?

Ry

Explorer
If you think of, say, Draconic, depending on the build, you can turn it into a small loss or a small gain over the point buy. Them's, as it were, the breaks. The system I put above doesn't solve LA's problems - it just gets closer to doing so for E6L's purposes.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Wow, Khuxan... just wow. Please keep me updated as you work on this, this is fantastic. What program are you using before converting to .pdf?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases