"Epic" progression after 6th level

Ry

Explorer
Hi Rom, I am trying to figure out what the best presentation would be, but yeah, that's the idea. Let me see what I can cobble together.

Ry

Explorer
I'm going to compile the rules (just the house rules, not the SRD originals updated), do a FAQ, and ask a mod to merge this thread with the really old one of the same name. Then I'll start a new thread with all the collected details.

Storminator

First Post
Animus said:
Hello,

This system looks like it would be cool to play as a change of pace. I do have a question about skills, however, and I apologize if I missed information upthread. What do you do about really high DCs (30+)? Some Knowledge skills may require attaining a result at or above DC 30. A 6th level character with 9 ranks in a skill +3 from Skill Focus +2 from one of the misc. feats that gives +2 to two skills gives a total bonus of +14-18 depending on the relevant ability bonus. Taking 10 or an average roll gets you 24-28. Of course you can roll high to get better results, but do you view this as a problem?

It's not that bad. A 14-18 without synergies or circumstance bonuses or Aid Anothers gives a pretty good shot a DC 30 check, and not out of the question for a DC 35.

There is the question of what happens in those cases where a failure means you can't check again until you gain another skill point (like some Spellcraft checks). If you never level, you can never gain another skill point. A feat that grants +1 Skill Point probably isn't outrageous, even if it lets you break level caps.

PS

Ry

Explorer
There's a feat that allows 5 Skill points, I believe, but it doesn't break skill caps. But I'd allow an "Incantation" to reset that requirement.

Hoo boy. There are quite a few little epicycles that I didn't expect. But we shall perservere!

Animus

Explorer
rycanada said:
There's a feat that allows 5 Skill points, I believe, but it doesn't break skill caps. But I'd allow an "Incantation" to reset that requirement.
Open Minded is the name of that feat. I believe it's in Complete Adventurer.
rycanada said:
Hoo boy. There are quite a few little epicycles that I didn't expect. But we shall perservere!

Yes we shall! By sharing your ideas, others can help develop it as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases