"Epic" progression after 6th level

Land Outcast

Explorer
Perhaps you should add wether feats like Improved Critical are available (ie: feats with unnatainable prerequisites).

-

By the way, are you hosting that "Legends" somewhere?

Ry

Explorer
Land Outcast said:
Perhaps you should add wether feats like Improved Critical are available (ie: feats with unnatainable prerequisites).

-

By the way, are you hosting that "Legends" somewhere?

Not quite yet. I'm giving it an edit and then passing it back to Tim. If you want, you can flip me an e-mail, I have a hotmail account named ryanstoughton, and I'll flip it to you (mostly I'm not showing it but I'll make an exception for the playtesters :) )

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Also, if any of the other posters who were interested in this before had a chance to play it, how did it go?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'm interested, not for my current game, but for a friend's lower-magic game.

Please do post full rules when they're available, and any feedback from playtesters. :)

Thanks, -- N

exempt

First Post
I'm not 100% sure by your description, but it sounds like BAB, spells, saves, etc. etc. don't improve after level 6 except for what feats can do for you. Is that right?

Ry

Explorer
Absolutely correct. Once you hit that level, you've proven yourself, and you've likely survived more violence than most humans do in a lifetime. But you're not on your way to being invulnerable to the common man, nor indifferent to his will.

Plays like a fine wine.

Quartz

Hero
A couple of questions:

How does varying the stop level (say changing it to 10th) affect the game?

Are monsters bound by the same rules?

Ry

Explorer
I used monsters across the spectrum, once they're CR 6 I don't add any more class levels - just feats, or (sometimes) monster hit dice. But if you have a creature higher than CR 10, it's basically not an "encounter" but more of an event.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Oh, and for Liches, I use the Bone Creature template, and so on. The great things about those kinds of templates are that they are quite simple to add in-game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases