[FULL] Recruiting players for new PBeM

LondonReign

First Post
King Rylnor of Markom is once again turning to you, his trusted aides, though this mission hardly seems worthy of your expertise with sword and spell. The King recently commissioned an exquisite silver and jade ring from the renowned (but rather unconventional and unreliable) artist Berli, intending to have an enchantment laid on the ring. However, delivery of the ring is now several weeks overdue, and inquiries sent to the artist have gone unanswered. Certainly your group is overqualified to be running such a trivial errand, but nonetheless your Lord has laid this request at your feet and it would be foolish to anger the King…

~~~~~~

I’m recruiting for 4-5 players interested in a one-shot play by e-mail game with the following rules:

 Core 3.5 rules, with other PrCs or “Complete” books rules with approval
 Characters start at 11th level
 Players have 80 points to allocate to ability scores. This already includes bonuses at 4th and 8th level, but not racial adjustments
 Characters start with 55,000 gp worth of equipment
 The game will use a previously published adventure from Dungeon (adventure title currently withheld). If you commonly get Dungeon and are familiar with most of its adventures, please do not apply.
 The adventure is a good mix of roleplaying, mystery, and combat
 The game will be run on Yahoo Groups message boards, with 2-4 posts expected per week

If you are interested in playing, please send me an e-mail at londonreign@yahoo.com with the following information:

1) A little about yourself
2) Your preferred style of play
3) A 2-3 paragraph writing sample
4) Your character concept & background

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:

LondonReign

First Post
Excellent submissions so far.

Slots filled:
1) Rog5/Ftr4/Duelist2.
2) Sor 11

I AM IN THE SEMI-FINALIST STAGE AND DO NOT NEED ANY ADDTIONAL SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME.

FAQs based on inquiries so far:

Q: Will this be a long term game?
A: I expect this adventure 6-12 months to run; after that it could continue althogh only this single adventure is planned for now.

Q: What kind of players are you looking for?
A: I want players more interested in roleplaying, writing, and cooperative teamwork. Maxed out builds and dull background won't earn you a spot.

Q: What campaign setting is used?
A: This is a homebrew setting. If your character revolves around a particular god, I'm sure I have one that will fit.

Q: Is this game going to disppear after one or two turns?
A: The first PBeM I ran went 3 years before I turned it over to a new DM; it has now passed its fourth anniversary. The other PBeM I run is now over 3 1/2 years old. Also I don't think players submitting 12 page character sheets (as I'm getting in some cases) are too likely to disappear.

Q: What "style" is the game?
A: There should be more than an average amount of role-playing for a published adventure. Also, I'm not much of a rules lawyer, so if that is the sort of game you're looking for you might wish to look else where.

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:

LondonReign

First Post
Two slots are now filled (see above).

Currently I have more than enough submissions for the finesse fighter role (Rogue/Fighter/Swashbuckler/Duelist), so if interested you'll want to avoid that type of character.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases