D&D 3E/3.5 DnD 3.5 char creation and Shadowrun

reconnecting

First Post
Greetings,

I'm starting a new campaign and I wanted to do a few tweaks on the char creation process. At first, I was going to design the chars for my players along with the background info for them. However, some of the players have requested that I handed them the background and they were allowed some customization of the chars. After a short conversation with one of the players, an idea came up of players being allowed to sort out the priority of their chars in terms of mechanics and thus having some customization. I've managed to split the "priorities" in 4 categories: ability stats, skills, feats and magical items.

Now, my first thoughts moved around 12 skill points, 3 feats, 4 ability points or some minor magical item. Obviously there would be some restriction, specially in the feats category since 3 feats can easily be exploited in something better than 12 skill points or 4 ability points.

I was wondering if anyone has made this approach of char creation before and if so, did it work or you had to give it up before it became too messy?

Thanks in advance

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases