DMG Bonus Goodness

KnowTheToe

First Post
I got a new dog several months ago and over those months he has eaten many of my RPG books. Some books, I have replaced, some thrown away, and even kept a few. Last week he ate the binding off of my DMG. I have ordered a new one, but I want to take a few of the goodies inside and put those pages into page protectors and put them in my DM binder. I figure I may use them more that way.

First of all I am going to save the page with the ramdom personality generator and some of the random treasure generators (they can be fun).

What suggestions do you have, what would you salvage?

Zoatebix

Working on it
Is this a 3.5 dmg? I know that I haven't ripped out the pages with all the tiles and stuff yet... maybe the different spell radius templates...

KnowTheToe

First Post
Piratecat said:
Well, for one thing, I'd start crating my dog when I wasn't in the same room as him. :)

For the most part I do. He loves to read and eat toilet paper. I crate him when I am not home and he is usually good otherwise. I also try and keep my office door closed whenever I am not in it. But alas that sneaky dog still gets something from time to time. He destroyed my DMG in less then 30 seconds. I was working in my office and he came in with a rawhide bone and laid down. Next thing I know he is running out of the office with the DMG which I foolishly had on the floor. By the time I caught him the binding was ripped off and all the corners chewed.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Good idea on the templates.

The plus side to this is the destruction is good for the gaming industry. I am again spending money on expensive books.

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
If you unleashed that dog at Gen Con, no judge in the world would convict the lynch mob.

I find myself looking at the NPC tables often. There's also the random encounter tables, which is nice if you find yourself suddenly needing "filler" content.

Halivar

First Post
I'd cut n' paste all the treasure roll tables together on one sheet. Holy cow, I hate turning pages every three seconds.

Putting all the NPC tables together would be nice too.

Man, if only I had a paper-eating dog...

kirinke

First Post
sounds like he's lonely. plus if he's a puppy, he's got that I want attention now! syndrome. and any attention is good. Might be a good idea to get another dog to keep him company. or send him 2 doggy boot camp.

doggy boot camp sorta worked for our dog... They said he was very, very stubborn. :] :p
he's going on 6 now and he still has a sock fetish. And for some weird reason... he enjoys licking the floor. very odd hound. :\

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
KnowTheToe said:
For the most part I do. He loves to read and eat toilet paper. I crate him when I am not home and he is usually good otherwise. I also try and keep my office door closed whenever I am not in it. But alas that sneaky dog still gets something from time to time. He destroyed my DMG in less then 30 seconds. I was working in my office and he came in with a rawhide bone and laid down. Next thing I know he is running out of the office with the DMG which I foolishly had on the floor. By the time I caught him the binding was ripped off and all the corners chewed.
Ah, yes. Puppy behavior. I know it well. We've had our dog three and a half months. In that time he has eaten one chair arm, 7 of my husband's boxers, anything he can take out of the trash can, four towels which he pulled off the towel bar, and I don't know how many rolls of toilet paper. It took us a while to get the place truly puppy proofed, because we just didn't think of all the things he could get into...until he got into them.

Re pages from the DMG, the ones already named pretty much cover it. What I would really find useful are Weapons, Armor and Equipment tables from the PHB.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases