Spoony: A minor suggestion regarding polls

Staffan

Legend
I have a minor request regarding polls where multiple choices are allowed: would it be possible to calculate the percentages as (number of people who selected this option)/(number of people who have responded) instead of, as now, (number of people who selected this option)/(total number of selections)? As for an example of what I mean, look at the preferred levels thread. As I'm writing this, there are 62 people who have chosen "7" as one of their preferred levels, which is also given a percentage of 9.69%. If one instead used my suggested method, it would be 62/158 = 39.24%, which I feel is a better reflection of how many like to play at 7th level (just using that one poll as an example of what I mean).

It's not a massively important issue, but in case it's a relatively small hack (e.g. changing a variable name in a subroutine somewhere) I'd really appreciate it if you could fix it.

nikolai

First Post
I just want to comment that I think this is a very sensible idea. Would it help the comparative bar sizes for polls? If you follow the link above, all the bars are very small, because of the low percentages. If bar size were calculated due to the suggestion above, it would be much easier to distinguish them.

Michael Morris

First Post
I don't intend to make further modifications to the code base until I can start anew with a clean code base (probably off version 3.0.3). Several bugs have cropped up, including one that's interferring with the backup routine. The only exception I'll make is if some sort of major error crops up - which I doubt cause someone would have noticed by now.

That said I'll keep this in mind.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases