Making your own power cards

KnightCa

First Post
Knight Power Card Examples Set 2

Yet more examples of cards created using variations on the style.

Attachments

• Lay on Hands.jpg
    Lay on Hands.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Hunters Quarry.jpg
    Hunters Quarry.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Sneak Attack.jpg
    Sneak Attack.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Aegis of Assault.jpg
    Aegis of Assault.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Blurring Speed.jpg
    Blurring Speed.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 114
  • Warforged Resolve.jpg
    Warforged Resolve.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 115

KnightCa

First Post
I see those folders but I don't see a file similar to Hirahito_v3.mse-set that I found with that set is what I'm saying.

Ahh, gotcha. You're unlikely to see one from me for some time. The files just get updated too quickly for me to be ready to post them. I'm always impressed at how much work people like HiraHITO and Grandpa do on here (not to mention the others here).

P.S. Sorry for the mistype HiraHITO.

Last edited:

eloquentaction

First Post
Ahh, gotcha. You're unlikely to see one from me for some time. The files just get updated too quickly for me to be ready to post them. I'm always impressed at how much work people like Hiraldo and Grandpa do on here ( not to mention the others hehe).

*cough* HiraLDO?? *cough*

-- HiraHITO

*shakes head* ;-)

Grandpa

First Post
Dear Users of My Cards,

I created icons that designate Daily, Encounter, and At-Will abilities with an icon that fits just left of the upper-right action icon. I currently use them on blue "reference" cards and magic items, but I keep thinking it would be nice (yet redundant) on the actual Gray, Red, and Green cards as well.

Pros
  • Consistency between icons on "reference" cards and "power" cards
  • The possibility of grayscale printing without adjusting card colors
  • Colorblind users can distinguish cards at a glance (my office-mate is colorblind)
Cons
  • Redundant for those who see the colors fine
  • Slight clutter
Let me know what you think. The change literally only takes a couple minutes to make. (Maybe I'll just do it.)

eloquentaction

First Post
Dear Users of My Cards,

I created icons that designate Daily, Encounter, and At-Will abilities with an icon that fits just left of the upper-right action icon. I currently use them on blue "reference" cards and magic items, but I keep thinking it would be nice (yet redundant) on the actual Gray, Red, and Green cards as well.

Pros
  • Consistency between icons on "reference" cards and "power" cards
  • The possibility of grayscale printing without adjusting card colors
  • Colorblind users can distinguish cards at a glance (my office-mate is colorblind)
Cons
  • Redundant for those who see the colors fine
  • Slight clutter
Let me know what you think. The change literally only takes a couple minutes to make. (Maybe I'll just do it.)

I have the same issue, Grandpa.

I've gone with the text reference as well as the card color. I only use the Daily / Encounter / At-Will on the powers when they are on a Magic Item.

On the one hand, Mercutio and Plauge seem to be of the mind that there should be a minimum of text and a maximum of icons.

On the other hand, a lot of other card sets are either text only or a limited set of icons mixed with text.

Notice that none of them really use text and icons / color at the same time.

Just MHO, YMMV.

-- Hirahito

Grandpa

First Post
Since it was easy, I decided to just try it. If you check out the latest PDF, you can react to it.

Another con, perhaps, is that it further blurs the line between powers proper and magic items/reference actions.

Let me know!

computerimpulse

First Post
i need help when i try to go to the google site with all the templates (4e.educatedgamer.net or something like that) it says i don't have privaledge or something like that and wont let me access the website

could someone explain whats wrong or what i have to do because i realy want to go to that website

thanks in advance

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases