WotC Layoffs - Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Chris Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
No, I'm not saying that. Re-read the post.

I did. That is what you said, and there are numerous cases of laid off WotC employees blasting their former employer for this practice. In fact, I recall that Monte Cook had some words on the subject the last time this happened.

diaglo

Adventurer
i'm not a WotC supporter. you all pretty much know that if you paid any attention to any of my posts from 1997 on...

but we do know that in a couple months they will be hiring again.

Mr Drader and Mr Mearls are examples of guys hired after one of these Xmas firings.

they hire and fire in pretty regular cycles.

diaglo

Adventurer
Your words, not mine.

Learn to read words in context.

they let Mr Drader go a few years back.

not that they don't rehire. the guy who did the 2edADnD return to the keep on the borderlands can tell you how many times he was hired and fired. (john d rateliff or maybe i'm confusing him with john nephew)

or maybe SKR will pop in here too.

samursus

Explorer
I feel I must add my condolences to the talented people being laid off from WotC. Your contributions will be sorely missed.

I also must say I feel a bit concerned with the loss of these people, who for me, have been the faces and voices of Wizards.

Those who love D&D like what they like, as seen by many of the impassioned and emotional threads that have appeared on this board.

And we liked these people!

These are the people that created 4e, an edition that I and many others have grown to love...

This makes me wonder how solvent Wizards is, that they can afford to let go some of their most visual and well-known talent. I mean, wasn't 4e supposed to be doing awesome fiscally??

Makes me wonder at the future of D&D.

catsclaw227

First Post
Hey, get the story right. I showed myself the door and have happily left it in the rear-view mirror.
Did you leave because of a specific incident (or series of incidents) or was it because you saw the layoff writing on the wall and got out earlier?

I'm not looking for details.... just curious if there was some bad blood when it happened. And I only ask because I recall some of your posts reflect a lingering resentment (surely unintentional) and some other posts show an open dislike of WOTC.

Did someone there give you a major screw-job? You did some really good stuff for them (and a few other companies as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases