Sorcerer Bloodline database

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Of all the class changes made in Pathfinder, sorcerer bloodlines are easily my most favorite. Given that, I virtually always pick up third-party products that have new sorcerer bloodlines in them.

Lately however, there have been enough bloodlines written that it's getting tricky to remember them all. As such, I've written this list, which I'm posting here so everyone can use it as a resource. As more sorcerer bloodlines are written, I'll update this post accordingly.

Pathfinder Core Rulebook
Aberrant
Abyssal
Arcane
Celestial
Destined
Draconic
Elemental
Fey
Infernal
Undead

Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide
Aquatic
Boreal
Deep Earth
Dreamspun
Protean
Serpentine
Shadow
Starsoul
Stormborn
Verdant

Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide
Imperious
Kobold

Pathfinder Ultimate Magic
Accursed
Djinni
Efreeti
Maestro
Marid
Rakshasa
Shaitan

Advanced Arcana
Dao
Djinn
Efreet
Marid

Adventureaweek.com
Ancestral Guardian
Ancestral Rage Spirit
Ancestral Wisdom Spirit

Adventurer Essentials: True Alchemy
Mad Science

Ancient Warriors: Sons of Sparta
Warrior's Blood

Bloodlines: New Options for Sorcerers
Barghest
Doppelganger
Efreeti
Ghoul
Gibbering Mouther
Ice Devil
Kirin
Lillend
Medusa
Naga
Rakshasa
Treant
Vampire

The Book of Arcane Magic
Bestial
Divine
Feline
Fiendish
Genie
Lycanthropic
Mixed
Monstrous
Nightmarish
Reborn Soul (web enhancement)
Scaly

Book of Drakes
Drake

Book of Heroic Races: Half-Faerie Dragons
Faerie Dragon

"Bonus Bloodlines"
Artificial
Plant

Class Acts: Sorcerers
Mesmeric
Trollblooded

Class Expansions: Hybrid Elemental Sorcerer Bloodlines
Clouds
Dust
Magma
Mud
Smoke
Steam

Class Expansions: Sorcerer Bloodlines
Artificial
Fatespun
Radiant

Class Options Vol. 1: Sorcerer Bloodlines
Envy
Gluttony
Greed
Lust
Nature
Pride
Seer
Sloth
Words
Wrath

Dredan Realm of Metal & Myth Campaign Setting (Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible)
Negative
Positive

Evocative City Sites: Bedlam Asylum
Medusa

Fantastic Races of the Otherverse - The Urlock
Psychic

Fursona - The Definitive Guide to Creating Anthropomorphic Characters
Anthro

The Genius Guide to Air Magic
Skyborne

The Genius Guide to Crystal Magic
Crystal

The Genius Guide to Dream Magic
Dreamscape

The Genius Guide to Earth Magic
Stone

The Genius Guide to Ice Magic
Frost

The Genius Guide to the Godling Ascendant
Godling

The Grand OGL Wiki
Autumn
Spring
Summer
Winter

"The Hagspawn Bloodline"
Hagspawn

In One's Blood
Aquatic
Divine
Giant
Ooze
Plant
Psychic
Vermin

In The Company of Minotaurs
Taurian

"Inherited Gifts"
Scion of Beltova
Descendant of Marbus

Inkantations: A Sourcebook of Tattoo Magic & Body Art
Inked

Ironborn of Questhaven
Constructed

Kobold Quarterly #13
Shadow

Kobold Quarterly #15
Green

Kobold Quarterly #20
Ooze

Kobold Quarterly website
Rakshasa

Legendary Races: Rakshasa
Rakshasa

Legends of the Shining Jewel: Campaign Guide
Lycanthrope

Midgard Preview
Huginn

Minotaurs of the Black Hills
Yith

Northlands
Giant
Hyperborean

The Nymian Beastlands: A Playtester's Guide to the Lands and Peoples of Omarka
Rakshasa

Otyughnomicon: Northern Waste Otyugh
Otyugh

Pact Magic to Pathfinder RPG Conversion Guide
Ravaged

Pathfinder #29: Mother of Flies
Pestilence

Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Angels
Martyred

Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Fiends
Daemon

Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragon Empires Primer
Oni

Pathfinder Player Companion: Orcs of Golarion
Orc

"Shifting Sorcerers"
Doppelganger
Lycanthrope

The Slumbering Tsar: The Desolation, Part 2 - The Ghosts of Victory
Verminous

Sunken Empires
Aboleth
Ocean
Vril

Tales of the Old Margreve Web Compilation
Margreve (also found on the Kobold Quarterly website)

Wayfinder #1
Ancestral
Shadow

Wayfinder #2
Haunted
Linnorm
Ophidian
Psionic

Wayfinder #3
Legendary

Wayfinder #5
Runescarred

Wyrd of Questhaven
Oni

Last edited:

vezina99

First Post
Very cool of you to post this. I have no other PF books besides the core book, but any contribution to facilitate game knowledge is more than welcome. Would you recommend any specific 3rd party book out of these?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Very cool of you to post this. I have no other PF books besides the core book, but any contribution to facilitate game knowledge is more than welcome. Would you recommend any specific 3rd party book out of these?

I would indeed. ;)

The Book of Arcane Magic is a nice expansion for arcane spellcasters. New spells, feats, and of course the sorcerer bloodlines are all very cool, and introduce some nice options.

Similarly, The Genius Guide to Ice Magic is great for making ice its own archetype among spellcasters, having new ice spells (one for each spell level) a new ice clerical domain, wizard school specialization, that bloodline, and more. Really, anything from the SuperGenius Games imprint of OtherWorld Creations is good.

And of course, the Kobold Quarterly one is nice and free. :cool:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Thank you thank you thank you!

I agree with you about the Sorcerer- essentially, Pathfinder did with Sorcerers what I did with them in 3.5 using DCv1 and a couple of other sources.

Quick question: I'm new to Pathfinder- which of the sources you've cited are physical books and which are PDF only?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Thank you thank you thank you!

You're very welcome! :)

I agree with you about the Sorcerer- essentially, Pathfinder did with Sorcerers what I did with them in 3.5 using DCv1 and a couple of other sources.

I did something similiar, though I used Octavirate Expansions: Feared and Hated which basically introduced sorcerer bloodlines into 3.5 (usually with cool and obvious physical mutations, to play up the idea of "sorcerers as shunned freaks").

Quick question: I'm new to Pathfinder- which of the sources you've cited are physical books and which are PDF only?

From what I've seen, only The Book of Arcane Magic is available in a print edition (as well as PDF). There is a print edition of Dredan Realm of Metal & Myth available, but it's the 3.5 edition, not Pathfinder - the PF edition is still PDF only as far as I know.

Likewise, everything else on that list (notwithstanding the PF Core Rulebook and Pathfinder #29) are PDF only.

vezina99

First Post
I would indeed. ;)

The Book of Arcane Magic is a nice expansion for arcane spellcasters. New spells, feats, and of course the sorcerer bloodlines are all very cool, and introduce some nice options.

Similarly, The Genius Guide to Ice Magic is great for making ice its own archetype among spellcasters, having new ice spells (one for each spell level) a new ice clerical domain, wizard school specialization, that bloodline, and more. Really, anything from the SuperGenius Games imprint of OtherWorld Creations is good.

And of course, the Kobold Quarterly one is nice and free. :cool:

Thanks. ;)

To explain myself: my group was jaded in 3.5 from the Feats book in 3.0/3.5. There were several things that broke the game for my group, and we haven't looked at most 3rd party stuff since then.

I will say, however, that the community behind Pathfinder seems to be much well oriented to the rules system that we all play with. As noticed above, my main concern with 3rd party products is balance. What I've read from 3rd party providers seems very well designed. I plan on picking up several of these supplements, and I thank you for your opinions. :cool:

Gicko

First Post
I’m thinking of making myself an albino Heterochromiac (different colour eyes) sorcerer, who was born into a tribe of magically starved bugbears. As far as I know of, no dragons have encountered them, they have no past with demons or cestials, and they have very few (if any) other magical bugbears in known history. Any idea what kind of bloodline could fit that description? If you like i could write out their backstory so you know a little more about them.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I’m thinking of making myself an albino Heterochromiac (different colour eyes) sorcerer, who was born into a tribe of magically starved bugbears. As far as I know of, no dragons have encountered them, they have no past with demons or cestials, and they have very few (if any) other magical bugbears in known history. Any idea what kind of bloodline could fit that description? If you like i could write out their backstory so you know a little more about them.

Is this character a bugbear himself? Either way, given what's up with his hair and eye color, there's clearly something going on in his gene pool! ;)

Seriously though, it sounds like you're leaning away from having your sorcerer's magic be due to some sort of special ancestor. If that's the case, you still have a number of options - there are several bloodline choices that don't rely on someone having been intimate with some sort of monster.

From the PF Core rulebook, there's always the Arcane (if he's just naturally magically inclined) or Destined (he's meant for something greater) bloodlines. Likewise, you can interpret the Elemental bloodline as being more about an affinity for a type of planar energy than having an elemental ancestor.

The Reborn Soul bloodline from the free web enhancement for The Book of Arcane Magic fits if he's a reincarnation of a great spellcaster. Bear in mind that this web enhancement draws on the book, so you'll either need to have the BoAM, or modify the bloodline.

Class Options Vol. 1 is entirely based around the idea of non-ancestor bloodlines. Three of them (Nature, Seer, and Word) are based around having a connection to something diffuse (such as nature itself) or some special sort of magical ability (being a seer, or tapping into the power of the spoken word). The other seven are based around having a close connection to one of the seven deadly sins.

The two bloodlines in Dredan are also based around having a connection to a planar energy - in this case life or death energy. Similarly, the one in the Genius Guide to Ice Magic does the same thing for cold as an energy type.

The Pestilence bloodline in Pathfinder #29 is a rather disgusting source of arcane power, being based around filth and vermin.

Finally, if you want his power to be ancestral in general, rather than having an odd monster in his family history, the Ancestral bloodline in Wayfinder #1 is a good choice.

Gicko

First Post
Is this character a bugbear himself? Either way, given what's up with his hair and eye color, there's clearly something going on in his gene pool! ;)

Seriously though, it sounds like you're leaning away from having your sorcerer's magic be due to some sort of special ancestor. If that's the case, you still have a number of options - there are several bloodline choices that don't rely on someone having been intimate with some sort of monster.

From the PF Core rulebook, there's always the Arcane (if he's just naturally magically inclined) or Destined (he's meant for something greater) bloodlines. Likewise, you can interpret the Elemental bloodline as being more about an affinity for a type of planar energy than having an elemental ancestor.

The Reborn Soul bloodline from the free web enhancement for The Book of Arcane Magic fits if he's a reincarnation of a great spellcaster. Bear in mind that this web enhancement draws on the book, so you'll either need to have the BoAM, or modify the bloodline.

Class Options Vol. 1 is entirely based around the idea of non-ancestor bloodlines. Three of them (Nature, Seer, and Word) are based around having a connection to something diffuse (such as nature itself) or some special sort of magical ability (being a seer, or tapping into the power of the spoken word). The other seven are based around having a close connection to one of the seven deadly sins.

The two bloodlines in Dredan are also based around having a connection to a planar energy - in this case life or death energy. Similarly, the one in the Genius Guide to Ice Magic does the same thing for cold as an energy type.

The Pestilence bloodline in Pathfinder #29 is a rather disgusting source of arcane power, being based around filth and vermin.

Finally, if you want his power to be ancestral in general, rather than having an odd monster in his family history, the Ancestral bloodline in Wayfinder #1 is a good choice.

yes s/he (havent dicided yet) is a bugbear himself. the color thing is mainly their to show he is special, and that he is not normal members of his tribe.

i do like the sound of the Seer bloodline. i was planning on haveing him be nicknamed "the seer" (all bugbears in the tribe get a nickname like that. the tracker, the scout, the leader, the wise, ETC) so ill give that one a look.

thanks for the help.

edit: now if i could just find a website that will give me the info i need >.<

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases