The Worst Awsome thing done in a game.

neoarden

First Post
About 5 minutes ago I did something I think was EPIC. We needed to kill a Undead Dragon. Our plan was to throw Explosive Runes on stones with rope around it's neck. BUT... because one is requiered to read the runes I was a volentier. In conclusion DM's lucky hand made 49 damage... thanks to evasion I recieved 24 damage from the runes and 5 damage from the fall. I survived... for now.

Now has anyone here done something as awsome as this. If yes then I think that you all us should hear those stories.

pawsplay

Hero
I was playing in a Villains & Vigilantes game once, in which my character had amazing martial arts abilities. When we went up against a nest of vampires, I quickly discovered that my character could do no lasting damage against the regnerating vampires, although with his superior accuracy, he could temporarily blind them, the GM ruled, by making called shots to the eyes. After our group was grievously trounced by the vampires in a street battle, only my character and one other was able to escape. We determined where our comrades had been kidnapped to, a warehouse that served as a vampire rave house, a la Blade.

So my character tooked his motorcycle to Wal-Mart, and purchased as many gas cans and tins of acetone-based thinner as he load onto his bike, grabbed a candle-lighter and drove to the vampire hideout. He drove his bike right into the middle of the warhouse, holding up the lighter and a gasoline bottle bomb, and said, "I want to talk to whoever's in charge, here."

neoarden

First Post
The First Game

Talking abou vampires reminded me a situation from the very first D&D game I played.

I, Cleric and my friends were prisoners in some desert prison. We discovered a way to escape through old temple under the prison. Traveling there we finally me a sexy vampress there. My first reaction was to throw it with a dagger for no obvious reason (I don't know why I did it). She went into rage and charged us. Luckly we were far away from here to keep our distance... well at least I had. My friends were one by one killed during the escape. When I reached the hatch where we entered the dungeon I managed to rescue a friend yet alive. The vampire screamed in rage to our faces. When she tried to climb up I hit her with a wooden club. She fell and never got up. We stared at her body for minutes. Eventually we jumped back down to help our friends... but as you know... SHE WASN'T DEAD. Why didn't I think of that before... And thats the story how I became a vampire in D&D against my own will.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
During one solo campaign, wherein I was playing two PC's with 3 NPC followers, I came upon the final BBEG and a group of his men. Due to some really bad luck, my team ended up getting trounced - one of my PC's died and two of the NPC's were disabled. At this point, a third 'villain' party arrived and announced that they were here to collect my Priestess. The BBEG was not keen on that plan and so chose to attack the newcomers.

At this point, I announce to the newcomers that, should they help me kill the BBEG, I would willingly turn myself over uncontested. They agreed, and with the help of my NPC Paladin and one anti-magic "bomb", we were able to turn the tide.

As promised, I handed over my PC sheet to the DM and said, "Here you go." The newcomers took my priestess to the campaign's Vampire Lord, where he began to work on converting her to Evil.

This ex-PC of mine was a 17th level Favored Soul... and I just gave her away to the DM.

That's epic. :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
AD&D: A thief of mine backstabbed a giant-sized foe to death...then got crushed when it fell and rolled on him.

AD&D: We were in S3, and we had just finished up a surprisingly tough battle with a single police robot we had surprised when we rounded another corner and saw a group of them. Thinking fast, my PC launched a Delayed Blast Fireball at the one in the center of their formation, set at maximum delay so we could run away. Unfortunately for us, police robots move about 4x as fast as humans, so they managed to engage us in melee a whole round before the spell went off. When the DBF finally detonated, it DID destroy the robots, but it also killed 2 party members, left the Cleric unconscious, and everyone else in dire straits.

3Ed: We were fighting a BBEG. As he weakened, one guy's PC charged him, hoping to grapple him. The BBEG disappeared in a puff, leaving behind a glowing red gem. The would-be grappler grabbed it, holding up his prize!

It was a Fireball that had been Delayed...

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The party wizard had taken a potion of gaseous form during a battle with an assassin that the PCs had learned to hate. Said assassin, being a mercenary sort and not afraid to retreat, decided to abandon her allies and teleport away.

Gaseous form wizard wanted to kill her once and for all and entered her lungs as she teleported. PC wizard succeeded in killing the assassin by assuming non-gaseous form while still in the assassin's lungs....but went along for the ride on the teleport and found herself alone in BBEG headquarters.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
The mystic warrior (custom sub-class) was bartering with an unknown intelligence in a place of power, essentially a black hole in the ceiling of a room off of a giant glass pomegranate mountain tower.

So said PC tosses in money, magic items, parts of his own power like HP, etc. and asks in return for the ability to fly and see in total darkness.

As payment this LG knight-type receives 6' bat wings and glowing red crescent eyes. I called him Demonknight. Did he ever fight to get those reversed.

We "encouraged" a one-armed NPC to reveal his secrets by offering to kill him and reincarnate him so he'd come back with two arms. (Druid in the party, no cleric.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We "encouraged" a one-armed NPC to reveal his secrets by offering to kill him and reincarnate him so he'd come back with two arms. (Druid in the party, no cleric.)

Pray, tell- was said one armed NPC:

1) A paper hanger?

2) A bandit?

3) Trying to get away from an incredibly ugly one-night stand?

4) A suspect in the murder of Dr. Richard Kimble's wife?

5) A drummer for a hard-rock band out of England?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases