Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Dr Simon

Explorer
The leader of the guards shakes his head as he loses the toss yet again. "How in the Wastes are you getting so damned lucky?" he slurs slightly.

Darius shrugs.

"Born that way," he says, straight-faced.

OOC: Away for a week. Darius will continue the same tactic as long as he can.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I thought stupid was killing the guards. My feeling up Mir is nothing like that. If anything, it helps distract them from paying attention to the gambling. I think you should be happy for that. We might want to get back and make sure everything is going okay."
The besalisk shakes his head, so energetically that he has to stop and put a hand on the wall for a second there... Which momentarily prevents outright violence, but sure as frek doesn't stop him from talking, three arms raised in exasperation: "Frek if I care abawt the frekking guards, Mack man! Whawle frekking midnight quest's a wild wampa chase anyway! What *I* care abawt-" What does he care about? Frek if he knows. Large brown eyes lock on the blond human's smaller blue ones: "- You can be such a frekking jerk sawmetimes, Mack, you knaw that? AND you knaw she dawsn't lawve you, right?" (Well, well, the route of frecsing reason. Not usually his first choice, but alright... And he *likes* Mack, *likes* Mir, *likes* TB. He can feel his affection for them welling up all of a sudden.)

OOC: Did I mention that he missed that second alcohol test after all? Don't know where my head was, but 14 was definitively a hit. :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack grins incorrigibly, "Not love me? She was almost in my bed before you guys came and woke me up."

The soldier might have his facts slightly wrong, but doesn't have a good memory of those events to be sure he actually is wrong.

"I am in it for the long haul, buddy. She will have to give in sometime. Some women like being pursued and eventually reward persistence."

"But you know, that's all besides the point. It was just an act in there."

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
OOC: Did I mention that he missed that second alcohol test after all? Don't know where my head was, but 14 was definitively a hit. :)

The leader of the guards smiles slightly as he finishes his drink before giving a short mumble about being sleepy and his head hits the table. The final guard leans against the wall and slowly slides down, leaving the area unattended.

Binder Fred

Sloor pushes himself back to a fully, slightly looming even, standing position -- even if the ground seems to have a little more give under his feet than it rightly should: "Alright, let me put it this way then: *YOU* dan't lawve her, dan't seem taw care what frekking happens-" to anybody "- after you get her in bed -- and your frekking 'lang hawl' lasts abawt as lang as it takes fawr you taw make a pass and mawve awn! You're playing with frekking peopawl's life's here Mack." People he cares about. (Including himself? He's just about ready to punch the bastard, and yet the feelings from before are still welling up -- somehow making it all worse, more desperate. It's all a marbling mess.)

Songdragon

Explorer
Seeing the guards finnally down Mir turns to Mack and Sloor who are discussing something and whispers, "It's time guys..." She moves forth and looks about the small guard station for anything of note (security systems, video and the like)

((Perception (if needed) 1d20+9=12 ))

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack shrugs, "There is always friends with benefits, no?"

The besalisk's glare is unwavering.

"Okay, okay. So I will try not to let her haul my ashes. But, you gotta promise to help me get some decent tail, first chance we get."

Right about then, Mir's lovely face pokes out from the guard's station and his face turns slightly red as they were almost caught discussing something he would have rather not have the scout overhear.

"Well, that was a cake walk. Let's find out what the big deal is, buddy. We can discuss our love-lives later."

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

"Is it over already?" inquires TB's voice from up near the ceiling, speakers dialled down low.

Frek! "Shut your mawth," weakly rejoins the besalisk after a surprised start (had plain forgotten it was frekking up here!). "And stay up there while you're at it: give us warning if anybawdy cawmes this way... You cawld have frekking said sawmething!"

"Well Darius was handling himself," calmly counters the droid. "Mir was so quiet I think everyone had forgotten she was even there... And I *was* dreadfully bored, thank you for asking." There is just the tiniest underline of amusement on that past tense... "It looks like I will be again soon as well..." Its blue optic whirr in their direction.

"My frekking hearts bleed... I'll keep the cawmmlinks awpen saw you can hear," rumbles its nominal owner as he stomps for the stairs, since it makes tactical sense anyway -- Beep goes the datapad, accepting the command.

(Sloor grabs Mack's shoulder as he too goes to take the stairs down and leans in close so they aren't overheard -- by frecsing *anybody*: "I'm frekking seriaws abawt this, Mack." And his eyes too carry the message home. (Somehow this wasn't that important before today... but it frecsingly definitively is *now*.)

<Response Mack?>

----------------------------------------------------

«Down in the guard station:
"Sawrry abawt that, spirks: persawnal business," voice back to low, whispery regime so the guards aren't in any way tempted to wake up. Sloor gives a wondering/surprised/re-evaluating look at Darius as he passes the jedi... then tears his gaze away to lock on the actual prison door: "Naw haw daws this frecsing thing awpen anyway?"

Somehow he's managed not to look at Mir at all as he went by...

OOC: Try the door. If it's locked, look at the locking mechanism. If it looks like a key/keycard deal, search Three Tops first and then the security desk. If it's a biometric scanner, try to see what body part it's for. If it's a keypad and/or a voice-print arrangement, say: "We're frekked."

Last edited:

possum

First Post
The door to where you need to go is opened with a keycard that's around the guard captain's neck and it is easily removed from the unconscious man.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack pauses to look at Sloor in the eyes. "Very well." Unable to fathom why the besalisk is so insistent, the soldier leaves it be.

Maybe it has to do with unit cohesion or something... Perhaps it has to do with some protectiveness or other thing I don't understand. But there is always the old adage, 'ya don't drek where ya eat'.

Seeing as they need some technical expertise, Mack opens the pouch on his utility belt to remove an interface visor.

"Let me take a look."

However, it is quite clear that such techniques are not necessary as the key card is found.

OOC: Take 10 on Mechanics/Use Computers (+10) for 20. Edited after possum beat me to it..

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases