Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes Showing Up In The Wild -- See These Preview Shots!

That tweet seems to have disappeared quickly - I can't find it on his account, unless I'm missing something. And it's not surprising if it has been removed as it's a month before even the FLGS release date!

That tweet seems to have disappeared quickly - I can't find it on his account, unless I'm missing something. And it's not surprising if it has been removed as it's a month before even the FLGS release date!

dave2008

Legend
Hiya.

Yeah...my Grognadian Curmudgeonitis must be acting up again. I see that cover and think... "I don't see Mordenkainen anywhere...why is it...oh...oohhhh. So, that bald guy with a black goatee is supposed to be him. I'd LOL if I wasn't so completely and utterly not-surprised-or-impressed". :(

Oh well, I supposed I should congratulate WotC on maintaining their 100% rating of me not having any desire what so ever of giving them any more money since the DMG. Good on you WotC! Keep it up! At this rate I can make it all the way through to D&D 6th Edition without handing out any money to you for anything. You can do it! I believe in you! ;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

What is your issue with the appearance of Mordenkainen?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Some people get it, and some were born before the internet told them not to have independent thoughts or opinions.

I have a picture in my head of somebody typing this exact phrase while wearing that t-shirt that says "You're laughing at me because I'm different, I'm laughing at you because you're all the same".

Anywho, I'm pretty excited for this to drop finally. I don't know about anyone else, but I've always enjoyed reading the lore in D&D books, even when I don't ever intend on using it.

aco175

Legend
I just wanted to clarify the race of elves that are carefree and flighty, they are the mysterious Santa's elves. I'm not sure if they are listed in the book or not.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I just wanted to clarify the race of elves that are carefree and flighty, they are the mysterious Santa's elves. I'm not sure if they are listed in the book or not.

I'm quite sure this is one of the new elven subrace we'll be getting.

Winter Eladrins are fey-elves with a taste for winter, I'm sure they'll get a Speak with Reindeers and their own take on the gnome's mechanical toys crafting!

...oh...nevermind, they're the depressed kind of elves...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeah, the more I think on it, despite my earlier statement, it isn't a complete 180. However, I would still say that traditionally elves' level of "frivolous and carefree" would rank somewhere well above "seldom"...

I agree. Elves definitely haven’t ever been melancholy, in any game I’ve been in or run. Even Tolkien elves aren’t, and certainly can be frivolous and energetic, and sing silly songs, etc.

elves hang out int in the forest and have random feasts with singing and dancing. They don’t mope around like broody Lord Byron clones.

Remove ads

Remove ads