WotBS [WotBS] 5ed. still a thing?

Falkus

Explorer
Where are you right now?

My plan, now that I am not dealing with a big, international move and only have to release 1 book at a time, is to release a chapter every month or two. I am also planning on releasing the bonus adventures. So GMs could use those to run a "B" team with the backup characters periodically, expanding the scope of what is going on past the primary PCs.

Excellent news! I'm looking forward to running it for my group at work once we finish with Rise of Tiamat.

trencher7

Explorer
Okay, then if everything goes according to plan, we should catch up to you by the end of summer at the latest. In the meantime, I hope you can make use of the campaign guide and player's guide!

Great news, Tormyr!
Just got my copy of the first adventure and the two guides yesterday and after skimming through it on my way to work I must say that what I saw so far looks really good!
Looking forward to the point where your work catches up with my shedule! :)

Tormyr

Adventurer
Great news, Tormyr!
Just got my copy of the first adventure and the two guides yesterday and after skimming through it on my way to work I must say that what I saw so far looks really good!
Looking forward to the point where your work catches up with my shedule! :)

Thank you for buying a copy even though you are past that point! If you find the time, please consider leaving a review for one or more of the products on DriveThruRPG / RPGNow. :)

Tormyr

Adventurer

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,587

CapnZapp

Legend
My plan, now that I am not dealing with a big, international move and only have to release 1 book at a time, is to release a chapter every month or two.
How many chapters are there, Tormyr?

Or rather, scratch that - when do you approximate being finished? In very general terms, barring the unforseen blah blah...

Will the complete 5E campaign be ready in... 3 months? 6? A year? More?

Thanks for any insight. I won't consider your answer a binding promise; just curious to get some inkling...

Tormyr

Adventurer
How many chapters are there, Tormyr?

Or rather, scratch that - when do you approximate being finished? In very general terms, barring the unforseen blah blah...

Will the complete 5E campaign be ready in... 3 months? 6? A year? More?

Thanks for any insight. I won't consider your answer a binding promise; just curious to get some inkling...

The plan is to release the 12 adventures at a rate of 1 per month. Along with a chapter of bonus adventures, the planned finish is this time next year. I would estimate that a group that plays 3 hours a week has 2+ years of content to go through, and such a group could start now and be confident of not running out of content. The campaign guide gives an overview of each adventure, a general timeline of events (if everything went by the "standard" route, ideas for abridged campaigns, dramatis personae, and ideas for side quests. Five of those side quests will likely be released after chapter 3. They can be used as extra missions or to set up a "B" team of everyone's backup characters to work through their stories and expand the scope of the war beyond just what the main PCs see.

If the campaign guide does not give you enough story to plan ahead, you can also pick up the 3.5 complete campaign to read through the entire story in detail. These seem to be the least expensive ways to pick it up:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/131122/Zeitgeist-10-Dtrpg-Anniversary-bundle
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/60515/War-of-the-Burning-Sky-The-Complete-Campaign-DD-35

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases