Two New Settings For D&D This Year

if it comes out this year i would agree with you. Possibly published by a third party company that has a good reputation (Green Ronin etc) However if it’s coming next year I would stake all the money in my pockets that it will be a Curse of Strahd style book. Campaign with background and new monsters etc. Curse of Strahd was too successful not to repeat!

if it comes out this year i would agree with you. Possibly published by a third party company that has a good reputation (Green Ronin etc)

However if it’s coming next year I would stake all the money in my pockets that it will be a Curse of Strahd style book. Campaign with background and new monsters etc. Curse of Strahd was too successful not to repeat!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I've come to the conclusion that the current staff thinks they are much "cuter" (mentally) and better showmen than they actually are. I don't understand the appeal of things like "Stream of Annihilation" and "Stream of Many Eyes".
I think they recognize that streaming is extremely popular, but don’t understand that streaming something, per se, doesn’t make it more appealing.

Its just weird out of touch “this what the kids like these days, right?” Moon logic.

I only caught the end of it, but asked what had been revealed and two people told me;
- shoes and other D&D merchandise will be available at San Diego Comic Con
- their will be an announcement on July 23rd about the two settings that will be released ("released" as in CoS released Barovia, but then will be available to the DMsGuild)
- There will be new collector editions versions of the PHB, MM, DMG

Hints of;
- Spelljammer as one of the settings (which probably just means more info on DoMM)

Dispater

Explorer
The entire Dark Sun community online has by now already made several (including one brilliant and major) conversion of Dark Sun, including psonics to 5e. Needless to say, the 'hardcore' community is not sitting around waiting, and plodding away happily at its own pace. I'd stil be interested to see what WotC comes up with in regards to DS, but the work's already been done as far as I'm concerned.

delericho

Legend
I can't help but feel that whatever is actually announced, it is going to be underwhelming and disappointing. Hope I'm wrong.

I dunno. For a setting like Spelljammer (and Planescape), I think being opened to DMs Guild may be the best possible outcome - with so much space to cover and so many possibilities, it's not practical for WotC to ever do more than barely scratch the surface. But a crowd-sourced effort can come up with a lot of material, some of it very much "out there"... which might be just what the Cleric ordered.

So if Spelljammer is one of the two, I think I'd be very happy with that - almost regardless of whatever supporting product is provided for it.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads