Maps & Models.

Shimrath

Explorer
Hello All,

Just wanted to share some photos of the maps and models i scrapped together for use in running the AP so far. Enjoy!

Attachments

• RNS Coaltongue.jpg
    RNS Coaltongue.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Three Towers.jpg
    Three Towers.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Lighthouse.jpg
    Lighthouse.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Lighthouse (1).jpg
    Lighthouse (1).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 270

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I'm always taken aback by the amount of effort some folks go to when producing a battle map. I wish I was equally adept, but I'm really bad at crafting things of this sort. I'm also way too lazy.

Shimrath

Explorer
I debated for a good long while whether or not to build the 3-D model of the lighthouse, weighing the time it would take to do it nicely versus the amount of use it would get in the game. In the end, it was worth it simply for the excitement it generated around the table.

If you plan to play out the entire Hold the Lighthouse scenario as per the "For All the Wargamers Out There" sidebar, then a model like this is well worth the effort. I hope to have some more chances to model up during the AP. I currently have my eyes on the Peak of Cauldron Hill. . .

d2OKC

Explorer
I debated for a good long while whether or not to build the 3-D model of the lighthouse, weighing the time it would take to do it nicely versus the amount of use it would get in the game. In the end, it was worth it simply for the excitement it generated around the table.

I made a similar map for my group, which you can see here.

I, too, found it to be wholly worth if for their reactions alone. Glad to see stuff like this - I may have to ask some advice from you when my group makes it to the Ob base underneath Cauldron Hill. I have some schemes in mind. :)

Shimrath

Explorer
Well, it's been a long time since i originally mentioned it, but the model for Cauldron Hill finally saw the light of day (dark of night?)!

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 180
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 175
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 179
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 185

Shimrath

Explorer
The Constables are headed down the mountain tomorrow. I was thinking about
[sblock]building some cardboard warehouses and lighting them on fire for the Factory Aflame encounter.[/sblock]
Probably a really bad idea. . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases