Baldur's Gate Countdown Ends... Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition for Summer 2012

Shemeska

Adventurer
Does that mean the game's going to stay in 2E? That's really cool in a retro-way.

Update: Just saw the twitter. Indeed it still is.<s>#</s>bgee is 2nd Edition D&D. Our first rule is don't break the fun. Part of the appeal of BG was the depth of the rules system

I'm shocked and thrilled that they didn't try to make it into another edition. Awesome! :D

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Must not squeal like a little girl.... must not squeal like a little girl... oh hell, who am I kidding?

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewooooooohooooooooooooo!

3catcircus

Adventurer
On the face of it, this seems a money grab, plain and simple. If they are merely adding new content it had better be a significant upgrade or it won't be worth my $.

Why bother with this when they could've created a whole new game instead?

Dannager

First Post
On the face of it, this seems a money grab, plain and simple. If they are merely adding new content it had better be a significant upgrade or it won't be worth my $.

Why bother with this when they could've created a whole new game instead?

Because if you buy the enhanced editions, you'll be supporting the narrative that a Baldur's Gate 3 would be a worthwhile project to fund. Trent Oster stated today that he wants to see a Baldur's Gate 3, and that the Enhanced Editions are part of the "master plan".

It's not just new content, though. The graphics will receive an overhaul, the UI will be upgraded, etc. I think you can expect some new content, but for me the real pull is going to be a version of the game that is designed from the ground up to run at 1920x1080.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
As much as I loved BG and BG2, my gaming tastes have evolved. Micro-managing a party in and out of combat and the isometric nature of the game would just drive me bonkers these days.

Now if it was an entire remake that brought it into the modern age of gaming, THEN I'd be excited.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases