D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yeah, Dady issues, you know...
I too enjoyed reading that! And I'm looking forward to Lorenn and Malbung interacting.

... but I have questions. Lorenn is half elven. Which parent is human? It wasn't clear from the letter.

And who's the dhaerow?

(I realise that Malbung parentage may not be 100% clear. His mother is a wood elf but she cast a spell of changeling - the mechanical effect being that the ovum was switched with a human's.)

Fradak

Explorer
I too enjoyed reading that! And I'm looking forward to Lorenn and Malbung interacting.

... but I have questions. Lorenn is half elven. Which parent is human? It wasn't clear from the letter.

And who's the dhaerow?

Nobody knows he is an Half-Elf. But if you ask me, I'll say Momy has some clues why is his so different and doesn't fit in his noble suit. I'll bet on one of those galant Knight of Myth Dranor.

Hopefully, DNA paternity tests do not exist

Dhaerow means "Face of shadow/traitor". I used that for Drow. But yes, it was a bit cryptic.

Looking forward meeting Malbung.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Nobody knows he is an Half-Elf. But if you ask me, I'll say Momy has some clues why is his so different and doesn't fit in his noble suit. I'll bet on one of those galant Knight of Myth Dranor.

Hopefully, DNA paternity tests do not exist

Dhaerow means "Face of shadow/traitor". I used that for Drow. But yes, it was a bit cryptic.

Looking forward meeting Marburg.
Ooooh. That completely evaded me. So we have two half elves who both think that they are elves? Hilarious :D

Malbung doesn't get along great with his wood elven family, but it's a far cry from exile! (More like distant).

So is the drow reference to some NPC (is Lorenn dating?) or has Malbung just been insulted?

Fradak

Explorer
Yup, first idea was to date a drow.

But I like the insult. We could say Malbung and Lorenn got into some trouble before Vault of the Dracolich, but it should be something big enough to cause the banishment.

Wait a minute... How his Malbung's sister? I mean, do you have a picture or something?

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yup, first idea was to date a drow.

But I like the insult. We could say Malbung and Lorenn got into some trouble before Vault of the Dracolich, but it should be something big enough to cause the banishment.

I imagine some eladrins are sore that the Bronze Sword - and the prestige what went with it - was passed down to Malbung instead of a "proper" eladrin. I really don't know what kind of trouble Malbung would be up to that would get Lorenn banished... I'm not saying that it's not possible, just that Malbung doesn't get in "silly trouble".

One thing I could see Malbung doing though is violating some kind of taboo out of expediency. "We're being chased but I know this short cut through the forbidden forest of no humans allowed? ... welcome to the forbidden forest of no humans allowed! Try not to break too much stuff while we cut through".

Something like that? I can imagine a wood elf in general, and Malbung in particular - being a bit cavaliere about that, and Malbung feeling he has the authority to make that decision.

Edit: That being said, dating a drow is pretty amusing.

Wait a minute... How his Malbung's sister? I mean, do you have a picture or something?

LOL

...I have no idea. Malbung doesn't even know she exists. That's left to the GM to do something with (or not) :)

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
So I've been thinking and so far my brain seems to have latched onto very few ideas. One is a freedom loving outcast Githyanki Eldritch Knight. I keep coming back to this one. The idea that a race freed from slavery would adopt a rigid lawful evil society is odd to me, and I like the idea of this devil-may-care chaotic good almost swashbuckling warrior coming out of the horrors of a caste system.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So I've been thinking and so far my brain seems to have latched onto very few ideas. One is a freedom loving outcast Githyanki Eldritch Knight. I keep coming back to this one. The idea that a race freed from slavery would adopt a rigid lawful evil society is odd to me, and I like the idea of this devil-may-care chaotic good almost swashbuckling warrior coming out of the horrors of a caste system.
You'll be in good company :)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sounds fun. They might even find an unlikely friend in Mord. Especially if we get to talking about motivations and don't clash too hard in ideals.

Remove ads