WOIN WOIN and Roll20

I've looked on Roll20 and cannot find anything for WOIN. Is anyone using Roll20 for WOIN?? I use Roll20 all the time for my 5E campaigns and I'd like to use it for WOIN given the tactical / map-based combat approach. Is there a v1.2 compatible character sheet anywhere out there (I can't find one)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know the people who stream Sector 49, Crash City, Warped etc have character sheets but I don’t know if they’re publicly available.

Brian I

First Post
We use Roll20 for our NEW scifi sandbox game. There is a Roll20 sheet available. I believe it's a NEW on specifically.

Maybe some of our players will comment on their experiences.

We use Roll20 for our NEW scifi sandbox game. There is a Roll20 sheet available. I believe it's a NEW on specifically.

My upcoming campaign sits between NOW and NEW and, as I have a PC that has Psionics, I'm using the NEW character sheet. Brian, is this character sheet v1.2 compatible? How can I find it?

Brian I

First Post
My upcoming campaign sits between NOW and NEW and, as I have a PC that has Psionics, I'm using the NEW character sheet. Brian, is this character sheet v1.2 compatible? How can I find it?
Great question. It looks like it is v1.2 compatible. I'm the GM but not the game creator (for my Roll20 campaign), so can't tell where / how we accessed the sheets.

knikpiw may know, if I can figure out how to ping him.

knikpiw

Explorer
When you create your game in roll20 you can select a huge number of character sheets from loads of systems that aren't normally listed. This includes WOIN. There are tow layouts also to choose from. Some editing needs to be done on them to bring them fully up to date. But they are very much usable.

When you create your game in roll20 you can select a huge number of character sheets from loads of systems that aren't normally listed. This includes WOIN. There are tow layouts also to choose from. Some editing needs to be done on them to bring them fully up to date. But they are very much usable.

Yep - found them when I was playing around in Roll20 yesterday B-)... What editing needs to be done (not a techie here!)?

Steven Barker

First Post
I was working for a little while to try to improve the WOIN character sheets on Roll 20, but I've not had time to work on them for quite a while and there's still some important stuff missing.

Some fixes are probably pretty easy HTML edits, like cutting the old obsolescent status tracks (which were mixed up a bit with a critical hit table that probably isn't needed). The sheet backgrounds also vanished not too long ago for some reason.

Some other improvements would be a little more complicated, but not too bad. For instance, the main thing I'm wanting right now (as my gear has been improving and I'm not at my maximum die pool as often even in my best skills) is that there's currently no way to put in bonus dice from equipment on skill checks. The other main issue is that the combat modifiers are mostly gibberish (they work, they're just very unclear and not at all user-friendly). It would be great if the skill rating could be copied from the skill section of the sheet, but that may require some advanced scripting (maybe more than you can actually do in Roll20 without using the API stuff).

I may eventually get around to fixing some these things, but if anyone else wants to work on it, please don't wait for me. You do need a Pro account on Roll 20 to test the sheet, but anyone can play around with the sheet's code on github: https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/WOIN

I was working for a little while to try to improve the WOIN character sheets on Roll 20, but I've not had time to work on them for quite a while and there's still some important stuff missing.

Some fixes are probably pretty easy HTML edits, like cutting the old obsolescent status tracks (which were mixed up a bit with a critical hit table that probably isn't needed). The sheet backgrounds also vanished not too long ago for some reason.

Some other improvements would be a little more complicated, but not too bad. For instance, the main thing I'm wanting right now (as my gear has been improving and I'm not at my maximum die pool as often even in my best skills) is that there's currently no way to put in bonus dice from equipment on skill checks. The other main issue is that the combat modifiers are mostly gibberish (they work, they're just very unclear and not at all user-friendly). It would be great if the skill rating could be copied from the skill section of the sheet, but that may require some advanced scripting (maybe more than you can actually do in Roll20 without using the API stuff).

I may eventually get around to fixing some these things, but if anyone else wants to work on it, please don't wait for me. You do need a Pro account on Roll 20 to test the sheet, but anyone can play around with the sheet's code on github: https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/WOIN

Wow! That seems like a fair amount to do... Wish I could help but I don't have the technical skills. :(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases