The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay folks, Hrav can still post whatever he wants to do before Quagmire goes, but we've just jumped right into the skill challenge that I had planned to come up next anyway. So after Hrav posts, we'll remain in initiative order to continue with the skill challenge. I'll post more details in a bit.[/sblock]
The man Quagmire threatens puts up his hands and tosses his weapon away toward the beach. "Fine, dammit! I give up. I won't fight ya no more."

"Excellent job, matey's! Now we gotta question 'em and find out where that Tiefling took my cargo!"

Details on the Interrogation Skill Challenge coming up next hour during my lunch break! Kudo's to Quagmire for such a great and appropriate skill check that I'm counting it as the first success in the skill challenge!

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"Great work, crew!" Hrav tells his companions. "Hardly worked up a sweat, but I'm sure we'll get more chances before this job is through."

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Interrogation-

The party is trying to find out where the man's employer sent the cargo which used to be on the Bloody Wake, or at the very least where they can find his boss who set sail with the cargo. The more info he gives up on the boss, the easier it will be to find him and cargo.

Primary skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate (use these as often as you want).
Secondary Skills: Insight, Perception, and Streetwise (use each of these only once)
Other skills: You can try to use any other skill you can think of a good reason for. Explain how you are trying to use that skill to get info out of the man and make a skill check (at a higher DC than the other skills). If I agree that using that skill may work for that, I'll let you do it for better or for worse.
Initiative: We will follow the initiative order strictly for this skill challenge starting from the top with Brudd. No talking out of turn (except for OOC posting. That's okay to do if you have questions or whatever, but no in character posting except on your initiative). Each character will choose a skill, post what they plan on saying or doing, and link to their skill check. Then the DM will post the result of the check and talk for the NPC as needed. Then the next PC, and so on till you attain 8 successes (7 more thanks to Quagmire geting one already) or get 3 failures.

While the party is handling the interrogation, the Captain puts the gathered sailors to work getting the ship ready to sail. They move quickly and with practiced ease.

16 - Brudd
12 - Alexander
10 - Girth
08 - Hrav
07 - Quagmire

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Brudd lowers a coil of rope from the dock and helps the wounded man up.

"Look 'ere mate, we've got nothin' against ye personal like all we need is to know a bit about what yer Captain had planned. I'm sure ye and me get on fine in a tavern, but business is business, and right now we need to know what ye know. Help a bull out mate, we're all just tryin' to make a little scratch te get by in the world right?"

[sblock=Dipomacy 19]Diplomacy (1d20+5=19) [/SBLOCK]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander looks about and at the prisoner to find any kind of clue and useful information they might have left about the destinations, the employer of the thugs, where they come from, anything that can be seen and might be useful for the interrogation...

[sblock=perception 28]WHOA second natural 20 in a row!![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Brudd lowers a coil of rope from the dock and helps the wounded man up.

"Look 'ere mate, we've got nothin' against ye personal like all we need is to know a bit about what yer Captain had planned. I'm sure ye and me get on fine in a tavern, but business is business, and right now we need to know what ye know. Help a bull out mate, we're all just tryin' to make a little scratch te get by in the world right?"

[sblock=Dipomacy 19]Diplomacy (1d20+5=19) [/SBLOCK]
The man sits dripping with water, and grimaces at Brudd. He nods slightly but remains tight-lipped. "I know what you mean, but my business depends on me keeping quiet. Otherwise I get no business in the future, ya know?"

Atanatotatos said:
Alexander looks about and at the prisoner to find any kind of clue and useful information they might have left about the destinations, the employer of the thugs, where they come from, anything that can be seen and might be useful for the interrogation...

Alexander notices a holy symbol of Poseeydus on a chain around the man's neck. (This unlocks the possibility of doing a Religion skill check once for this skill challenge. This perception check itself doesn't give a success, but opens the Religion check and gives a +2 when someone does a Religion check.)

Total successes: 2/8, Failures: 0/3

Girth is next...

The Digger

First Post
Joshua brushes past the others and strides up to the wet man. He stares wild-eyed into his face. "This one I have marked for My Lady. I want to crush his heart in my hand. May I have him? "

He turns to Brudd "Or is he of some use to you? Perhaps one of the others would do as well."

[sblock=OOC]I only got 11; 3+8 on an Intimidate roll[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I am away now on a short holiday for the next 4 days and there will probably be no internet access. Hope you can keep me alive till Sunday night - please![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Girth's threat doesn't seem to faze the man in the slightest. In fact, his face hardens in anger.

OOC: 1st Failure in the skill challenge. Also Digger, you said 'Joshua' in your post instead of Girth?? I'll do my best to NPC you till your return in a few days.

-Hrav watches the scene carefully as the others talk. The biggest thing he notices is how the man's injuries seem to be bothering him. Perhaps if someone did a little first aid the man might be more inclined to help them out. Hrav quietly passes the word.

OOC: Another Success and Hrav unlocks the possibility of using the Heal skill once to get a success. If anyone uses Heal, they get a +2 to their skill check.

Total Successes: 4/8 ; Total Failures: 1/3

Back to Quagmire who started it all, and who's bladder is still uncomfortably full... ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases