OOC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone, Game 2.

Rayex

First Post
stonegod said:
Pal 6 is 5/2/2
Clr 6 is 5/2/5
Stats give +1/+0/+2
Divine grace adds +4 to all (Chr)
Vest of resistance +1 adds +1 to all.

So that should be 11/7/12.

We were both off, the progression goes like this:
Level 1: +2fort, +0ref, +2will
Level 2: +1fort, +0ref, +1will
Level 3: +1fort, +1ref, +1will
Level 4: +1fort, +0ref, +1will
Level 5: +0fort, +0ref, +0will
Level 6: +1fort, +1ref, +1will
Stats: +1fort, +0ref, +2will
Cha: +4fort, +4ref, +4will
vest: +1fort, +1ref, +1will
Total: +12fort, +7ref, +13will.

Rayex

First Post
ByteRynn said:
Regular gestalt way would work this way then?:

Fort +7 (spirit shaman/geomancer) + 0 (fort) + 1 (racial)= +8
Ref +2 (Spirit shaman) + 1 (dex) + 1(racial) = +4
Will +7 (sorcerer/geomancer) + 3 (wis) +1 (racial)= +11

I am still not seeing where your math comes from. Have I gone stupid?

No, you are not stupid. However, what alot of people tend to do, is look at the total saves at level 6. This is not correct, as you have to look at it on a level-to-level perspective.
I'll give you a breakdown:
Level 3: +1fort, +1ref, +0will (the +1fort comes from the sorcerer part, as spirit shaman get +0fort this level)
Level 5: +0fort, +0ref, +0will
Stats: +0fort, +1ref, +3will
Race: +1fort, +1ref, +1will
Total: +7fort, +4ref, +9will

Rayex

First Post
ByteRynn said:
Why then, at level 5 when I start taking Geomancer, do I not go up by two in Fort and Will?

...because running through all these numbers, I completely forgot about those 2 levels of Geomancer instead of Sorcerer during the last breakdown. Terribly sorry. These numbers are starting to get to my head, I swear!

Level 3: +1fort, +1ref, +0will (the +1fort comes from the sorcerer part, as spirit shaman get +0fort this level)
Level 5: +2fort, +0ref, +2will
Stats: +0fort, +1ref, +3will
Race: +1fort, +1ref, +1will
Total: +9fort, +4ref, +11will

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[SBLOCK=Tobias' Stats]Tobias Terranhart CR 6
Male human cleric (Heironeous) 6//paladin 6
LG Medium humanoid (human)
Aura strong good, courage 10'
Init +0; Senses Listen +2, Spot +2
Languages Common

AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 23
hp 46 (6 HD)
Immune disease, fear
Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +13

Spd 20 ft.
Melee +1 cold iron longsword +11/+6 (1d8+3/11-20) or
Melee mwk alchemical silver morningstar +10/+5 (1d8+3)
Base Atk +6; Grp +9
Attack Options smite evil 2/day (+4 to hit, +6 damage)
Special Abilities Disciple of the Sun, Divine Shield (+4 AC, 3/min), Divine Vigor (Spd 30', +12 hp, 4/min), lay on hands (24 hp), spontaneous casting (heal spells), turn undead 11/day (+8, 3d6+10, 6th)
Combat Gear holy water (4), scroll of sanctuary (4), silversheen (4), wand of cure light wounds (50)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 6th, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
~~3rd: flame of faith, magic circle against evil, searing light (D)
~~2nd: aid, bull's strength (3), spiritual weapon (D)
~~1st: bless, distrupt undead (D), divine favor (3)
~~0: guidance (5)
(D): Domain Spell. Domains: Glory, War
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 3rd, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
~~1st: bless weapon (2)
Spell-like Abilities:
~~At Will: detect evil
~~1/week: remove disease

Abilities Str 16, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18
SQ aura of courage, divine grace, divine health, lay on hands, special mount, strong aura of good
Feats Disciple of the Sun, Divine Shield, Divine Vigor, Extra Turning, Weapon Focus: longsword (B)
Skills Diplomacy +15, Knowledge: religion +5, Ride +4, Sense Motive +11
Possessions combat possessions plus +1 cold iron longsword, mwk alchemical silver morningstar; +1 full plate, +1 everburning heavy steel shield; ring of protection +1, cloak of charisma +2, vest of resistance +1; backpack, bedroll, scrollcase, silver holy symbol, spell component pouch, waterskin; noble outfit, signet ring, court jewelry; 146.9 gp[/Sblock]
[sblock=Tobias' Mount]Heironeous' Lightning
Male heavy warhorse
N Large magical beast
Init +1; Senses low-light vision, scent; Listen +6, Spot +5

AC 23, touch 10, flat-footed 22
hp 45 (6 HD)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +6; improved evasion

Spd 40 ft.
Melee hoof +7 (1d8+4) or
Melee 2 hooves +7 (1d8+4) and bite +2 (1d4+2)
Base Atk +4; Grp +12

Abilities Str 19, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 6
SQ empathic link, improved evasion, share spells, share saving throws
Feats Endurance, Improved Natural Attack, Run
Skills Listen +6, Spot +5
Possessions bit and bridle, mwk chainmail barding, military saddle[/sblock]
Appearance and Personality

Tobias feels that he is an emissary for glorious Heironius, and thus everything about him is resplendant: his gleaming full plate armor, the clean light eminating from this well polished steel shield, the well maintained arms, and the spotless barding of his holy mount. Out of his armor (which is rarely; he even attends state functions in it), Tobias is a broad shouldered young man with close-cut brown hair and brown eyes. He has a perpectual curl of a smile to his face with strong dimples that make him seem younger than he thirty years.

Rough Background

Tobias is a holy warrior of the Valorous One, and was taught to be an personification of his faith. As such, he was trained in rigorous team tactics and in courtly manners. His parents offered him to the Church at a young age when a paladin saved their village; thus, he feels it is his duty to walk the world, bringing the light of Heironeous to the world. He does this not through preaching but through example.

Tobias has been travelling with is other boon companions for several years. He sees their "adventures" as a way of living Heironeous' teachings. While there have been a few conflicts in the past (a minor disagreement over a course of action, a dispute over which "jobs" to take), he has not let his faith play an "iron hand" in his relationship with his collegues.

Role

Since Tobias believes he is a personal embodiement of his god, he is comfortable in the front lines of combat and in the palace throneroom. In combat, he wades in, using his clerical spells and divine feats to bolster himself and his allys. He also a fierce foe of undead and a decent healer (has both sponteneous cures and lay on hands). In social situations, his winning ways complement that of a bard, and his priestly connections provide some legitemacy that less noble compainions lack.

Note

I can provide the actual calculations used to create Tobias upon request. All feats are either from the PHB, Complete Warrior, or Complete Divine; the Glory domain is from Complete Divine; the vest of resistance is from Complete Arcane; and the everburning shield is just a shield with continual flame cast on it.

I do realize the story etc. is a bit cliched, but sometimes cliches are fun to play too (though I promise he is not a heavy handed type). I wanted to develop a strong "holy warrior" archetype, and thought this would be more interesting to explore than cleric/fighter (which Ferrix's dwarf would probably do better justice).

ByteRynn

First Post
Sylas Dardragon
[sblock]Male halfling Spirit Shaman 6 and Sorcerer4/Geomancer 2
LN Small Humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen +5, Spot +3
Languages Common, Halfling
Special +2 vs. Fear Effects
Ranged mwk light crossbow +7 (1d6/19-20/80 ft.)
Base Atk +4; Grp -2
Attack Options weapon finesse, point, blank shot
Special Attacks Chastise Spirits 8/day (6d6, DC 21)
Spell-like Abilities (1st):
at will- detect spirits, blessing of the spirits
Spirit Shaman Spells Retrieved (CL 6th/7th in forests):
3rd (4): vigor
2nd (6): fog cloud, lesser restoration
1st (7): produce flame, cure light wounds (DC16), faerie fire
0th (6): read magic, detect poison, light
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 6th/7th in forests):
3rd (4): unluck, vampiric touch, mesmerizing glare
2nd (6): spectral hand, blindness/deafness, detect thoughts, locate object, touch of idiocy
1st (8): shield, mage armor, charm person, chill touch, expeditious retreat, identify
0th (6): detect magic, mage hand, message, prestidigitation, ghost sound, touch of fatigue
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds (15 charges)
Skills Concentration +9 (+13 combat casting), Climb +0, Hide +5, Jump -6, Knowledge (arcana) +6, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +6, Listen +5, Move Silently +3, Profession (Fortune Teller) +4, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7 (+9 in nature environments)
Possessions combat gear plus bracers of armor +2, amulet of natural armor +1, ring of protection +1, cloak of charisma +2, MW light crossbow, 5 mw cold iron bolts, 5 mw alchemical silver bolts, 5 mw adamantine bolts, 10 bolts, spell component pouch, belt pouch, 7 gp[/sblock]

Background: [sblock]Sylas was a very sickly child who was nearly killed with fever. His parents had almost given up on him when he started seeing and talking to someone named "grandfather crow". One night, late, Sylas wandered out into the wilderness, sneaking away from his family, led by some unseen force.

His time in the wilderness is a mystery, not least of all to him. He learned many strange and terrible things from grandfather crow, and when he finally found his people again, and returned to them, they were frightened by his new and strange power, but rejoiced that he had returned to them. HE had gained wisdom while he was away, and in his family's travels, he earned money as a fortune teller, and gained a reputation as a wise and knowledgeable sage. One day, as his clan was picking up to move once more, grandfather crow mentioned that it was time to go off alone again, that the time had come to learn new and exciting and very dark things. This time, as Sylas ventured forth, he found some companions with which to learn about the world. He started developing a very close tie to nature, being gifted by the spirits of nature with strange gifts...and in some cases having to pay terrible prices.[/sblock]

Appearance: [sblock]Sylas is small, even by halfling standards. He looks sickly, though he tries to hide most of his frailty beneath thick, dark robes and cloaks. If one looks very closely at him, they may notice a particularly unusual rustling of his robes, as if, perhaps, there is a tail beneath them.[/sblock]

Personality: [sblock]Sylas is a very serious and spooky individual. He is vengeful and prideful. He is very much more inclined to follow his instincts and his philosophies rather than follow his intellect. He is loyal to friends, and protective of the weak. He does not stand for anyone to cross him, however, and such annoyances invariably earn Sylas's wrath.[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
Steve Gorak, I would like to see Fash posted here as well please.

I'll get the game up and running sometime during the next 2-3 days. What I would like from you till then, is working on connections between your characters. What do they think of eachother, how did they get to know eachother etc?
They've been on acventure together. but for how long? What kinds of adventures? Did it go bad, good etc etc.

Good luck!

Remove ads