E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
*its just a puzzle box :)

OOC: That means the jade scarab beetle must be magic?! Slagmortar is correct. We should essentially sell back all the items that the sages will purchase at full value. If any PCs then wanted them, they could buy the with their own money for that same price.

Percy has a little more RPing to do, too, which I'll get to when we've settled this split more. Just don't let me forget!

Also, Erekose, Percy, I believe, managed to obtain the rest of the books in the library. Lorien only took the book of the dead. Are any of those books worth something to the sage? They're not listed above. Neither is the candle that was magical, that we found in the room with the evil crown. That escaped mention in the first treasure post, and isn't mentioned in this one either.

In the earlier treasure post, we got 4185 gps from the sages. Percy & ishmael then spent 880 gps of that on equipment and restorations spells (or was it remove curse?)

Thus to the above treasure post we add: 3305 gps, and what remains of Percy's purchases:
110 everburning torch
100 5 alchemfires
10 20 days trail rations
10 bottle of fine wine

Let's assume we drank the wine (I meant to RP that, not too late, I suppose. Let's assume the rations replace what we've used before. But that does add the everburning torch and the 5 alchemist fires Assuming we then sell everything but what we could only get 50% for, we get:

value items:
110 everburning torch
110 everburning torch
100 5 alchemfires
50 potion of CLW
2000 amulet of natural armor
200 scroll (enlarge person, charm person, and web) (assign to Nezrak)
???? jade scarab beetle
Plus 3305+34519.55-1125(value of loot we're keeping) = 36,699.55 gps.

If we can get a value on the beetle, the candle, & the library books, then we're set to divide it up. Who wants to claim the everburning torch, the alchemical fires, the potion of CLW & the amulet? Percy will take all or some of them if no one else wants them.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: It was a remove curse. I think someone (not ishmael) should keep the CLW potion though. Always handy.

I don't really want anything from the loot pile.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: I'm curious as to what the scarab beetle is, but Gorefoot isn't particularly attached to any of the loot. He'll just take his share, whatever it is. He'd suggest that the CLW potion go to either Nars or Rodimus.

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
Judge Post -- DM Credits
As the holidays are coming up and this thread is more than a year old, I feel it's apropriate to award DM credits for the year of 2006. For excellent work from 1/1/06 to 12/31/06 (and before then as well, but DM credits started 1/1/06) I hereby award Erekose13 12 DM credits.

Continue the great DMing!

I hadn't realized you were about to wrap up when I posted that! :)

I'll confirm the 12 DM credit award. Great adventure, players and DM alike!

Erekose13

Explorer
The scarab beetle is a Brooch of Shielding (1500gp*)

Oh right and here are the other pieces, good memory Manzanita:
Books 1,000gp*
Candle is cursed and sages wont pay for it.

So lets see Percy wants to roleplay the return of the goods to the sages, correct?

It takes a few hours to get all the stuff loaded on the back of the cart. With all the furniture and the shrine its almost overflowing with loot. Your employer will be quite happily surprised. The journey back to Orussus is a short 4 days and is largely uneventful. The party arrives to a long line at the gates. When moving in and out as individuals it was quick and painless. Now they had to wait in line with the other merchants arriving in the city.

As you finally approach the gates late in the evening the guards stop you and ask your business in Orussus and the contents and value of your goods (which of course you haven't had assessed yet).

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Actually, I want to rollplay something else which I will inject myself. I could just as easily do that in the RDI, come to think of it, so don't prolong this on my account.

IC: "Hi." says Percy with a charming bright smile to the gate guards. "Listen," she continues conspiritoraly, "we're on an important mission for the Sage's guild. You've heard of Tharivian Atterwood? We've located these important artifacts for him. We don't know what monetary value they have, and we're worried they may be cursed. We're just bringing them in to him. Best not to read any of the writing. Definitely don't touch." Bluff +8

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
The scarab beetle is a Brooch of Shielding (1500gp*)

Oh right and here are the other pieces, good memory Manzanita:
Books 1,000gp*
Candle is cursed and sages wont pay for it.

OOC: So if we add the scarab beetle & the books in, that increases our total haul by 2500 gps. Right? So our cash total increases to 39,199.55 gps. Add in the value resale value of the goods we're keeping (is this how we want to do it?) we add:
value items:
110 everburning torch - 55
100 5 alchemfires - 50
50 potion of CLW - 25
2000 amulet of natural armor - 1000
200 scroll (enlarge person, charm person, and web) (assign to Nezrak) - 100

we get: 40,429.55 gps total treasure value
by 6 comes to 6738.26

Anyone who wants one of the keeper items takes its resale value from his/her 6,747.425. Or should we bid up some of the keeper items?

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well you still gotta pay a toll. Artefacts you say? Hmm well ya only got the one load and it looks like furniture and weapons to me. The weapons 'll run you 100gp. The furniture is well not really taxed see, so yeah no worries there." replies the guard. He eyes the stuff with suspicion after Percy's declaration of curses. "Don't let me here that I let in some dangerous stuff now then eh?" He signs a form and lets the group past with little more effort.

It was a much easier route on the way out than it was on the trip back to the Sage's Guild, what with an overflowing cart and all. But eventually the party finds themselves outside the guild. Tharivian is standing on the steps, his pipe smoking away. "A page told me you were heading this way. Thats a might lot more than I had anticipated! Wow what a find that dusty old book in our collection was. This old King what's his name must've been quite the rich and powerful fellow to keep his stuff out of the hands of theives for so long." Behind Tharivian, Novrne stands out of the light in just in the entry way to the guild. He too looks happy to see the party, though he is still wearing a sad face as ever.

ooc: sorry nothing in the loot tickled anyone's fancy. Hope the money and XP as well as the fun adventure were worth it. We can end here with the split of the money if you like.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooc: sorry nothing in the loot tickled anyone's fancy. Hope the money and XP as well as the fun adventure were worth it. We can end here with the split of the money if you like.

OOC: I feel the same way about the treasure I've doled out in my adventures. Back in 1E, you took what you got. Now in 3.5, you sell what you get and make/buy what you want. I don't know that I like that change. I suppose it might be different in a single DM campaign, where the party might be out in the wilderness for the passage of many levels. In a persistant world like this, the PCs are constantly returning to Orussus to shop & craft.

Erekose, I liked this adventure. It was a good combination of traps, NPCs and wierd creatures to combat. I went back & read a spoiler to two, so I know that King Thoth escaped. It's nice to have some leads that can segue into new adventures.

Of course, a major thing I liked about this adventure was the players. Percy, Ishmael, Nars, Gorefoot & Rodimus have been together for longer than any other group of PCs in LEW, I believe. I have a lot of fun with it, and hope this group can stay intact for the next adventure. I'd like to get Percy off on her side-trek I've got planned. I might make an early post in the RDI about this, even before we've finalized treasure distribution. (I just realized I listed the everburning torch twice in my last treasure post - I'll go back & edit that.)

Last edited:

Remove ads