Gamer Grrls

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
*shrug* morons know no gender. ;)

You just gotta be patient...playing with mostly sorority girls, I've had to kick a few of them from the group for various personality conflicts. Sorry, I'm not going to tolerate a sex kitten in my postapocalyptic scarred earth. :) Similarly, no matter your cup size (bra or jockstrap), I'm not going to tolerate people who take D&D so seriously that they cheat on a d20 roll.

I've had to whomp both genders upside the face on occasion...but now I've got a mostly-female game with pretty competent players, and looking forward when one of 'em comes back from Japan.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Well, probably the problem is that these guys are a bit over-exited when someone wearing a bra doesn't run away screaming or falls asleep when they talk about roleplaying. Wich is surprising, considering their attitude. I've said it before, will say it again : Life's too short to spend your evenings gaming with people you don't like. Tell 'em to bugger off, refuse to go along in their hormone-twisted wet-dream roleplaying fetish and find yourself another group. Don't waste time trying to show them the error of their ways.

Shemeska

Adventurer
At the moment, my players consist of: 3 guys and 2 gals (previously there was a 3rd gal, and one other guy). My female players are just as good RP'wise as the men, and at times just as mature (or immature) as them as well. I've actually had to cater to the sexed up whim of them more than the guys. (of course one of the guys is bi, so the 'give cheesecake' demographic is offset equally by the 'give boytoys in leather' demographic).

The whole campaign I've run a female NPC who since then got engaged and then married to one of the male PCs (who has a male player). The group is pretty serious and I've never had any problems such as others here have described. They're all really really good, and I feel lucky that I got to handpick and be choosy about who I let into the game. They've all worked out wonderfully, both male and female.

frankthedm

First Post
Possibly some of the 'problem' players liked the game as "guy time". Rather than just admiting this outright, one of the bunch went with offending you in hopes you would not return. Sort of a spineless tactic to use against an actual gamer IMHO.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I find when I play D&D and other d20 roleplaying games I tend to have difficulty with some of the male gamers. They expect me to play some sexed sorceress in barely there clothes or a fighter chick in a chainmail bikini.

How do they show this expectation? I just can't picture anyone honestly saying, "Hey, why aren't you playing a sexed sorcereress or chainmail fighter chick?"

Do they always just "assume" your character is one of the above and act like such? Or is it something direct and verbal? Have any funny quotes to share?

I have no real advice on the matter though. One thought I had was that, maybe, you "should" tone down your characters if they are surprising everyone (that is, if the group in general is really inept about designing effective characters and yours is outshinning everyone else).

Li Shenron

Legend
Creamsteak said:
How do they show this expectation? I just can't picture anyone honestly saying, "Hey, why aren't you playing a sexed sorcereress or chainmail fighter chick?"

Do they always just "assume" your character is one of the above and act like such? Or is it something direct and verbal? Have any funny quotes to share?

I have no real advice on the matter though. One thought I had was that, maybe, you "should" tone down your characters if they are surprising everyone (that is, if the group in general is really inept about designing effective characters and yours is outshinning everyone else).

Actually, if their problem was that Chaos_Kitten is a better player than them and they cannot suffer it to the point of being sexist, they would be quite miserable.

frankthedm

First Post
And yes, there is sexism in my group, mostly me and the carpenter. The "bum" doesn't talk to females, the "closet gamer" is between GFs and our host the "cyborg" has no intrest in food, drink or either gender. The "carpenter" is a construction worker to put it mildly, and me...

I can act well mannered, polite and even slightly normal, if unpredictable when i feel like hiding what i really am. But if i am around a female i don't care for [like one of the many girlfriends of "Mr pass me another blank character sheet" who were not even there to game] or when i just feel like it, I gleefully become El Psycho Disgusto Pervo. the true self that is hilariously close to the ENTIRE gaming group that inspired my sig.

Last edited:

StalkingBlue

First Post
Chaos_Kitten said:
I find when I play D&D and other d20 roleplaying games I tend to have difficulty with some of the male gamers. They expect me to play some sexed sorceress in barely there clothes or a fighter chick in a chainmail bikini.

What is even more frustrating is how it comes as some huge surprise that I can play my character effectively. If I do have a character that shows some prowess then I've had many assume my significant other must have built and written it up for me. I got the half minotaur template banned from the local PvP on my own merit. (A naturally large Hextor worshipping, flail wielding, monkey gripping cleric can be especially dangerous when you put divine favor and righteous might into the mix.)

Welcome to the boards again, Chaos_Kitten. Can you be more specific? As someone else has suggested, quotes would be good. IME immature quipping on the guys' side is countered most easily with laughing them off and quipping back at them, preferably saying something slightly derisive in their direction - expecting them to take it as lightly as you did, of course. ;)

Darklone

Half-minotaur ;)? That's a template somewhere? Where ;)?

For the rest: All has been said, many gamers are nerds and that's ok. Guess your buddies will learn.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases