Chicago Gameday 34 is 3/23: Event Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[h1]Gameday 34 Planning Thread[/h1]

This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday 34.
Gameday 34 is being held on March 23rd, 2013, at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.

What is Chicago Gameday?

[h2]How to Submit an Event[/h2]
If you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.

[h3]1. Post your event description in this thread[/h3]
Your event description must include the following:
  • [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: e.g., "D&D 3.5";
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
  • [highlight]An image[/highlight]: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight]: Whether you want to reserve the private room or need a specific table; I will assign you a table based on your event's size otherwise.

[h3]2. Make sure I have a way of contacting you[/h3]
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.

[h3]3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.[/h3]

[h2]How to Be a Great Gameday GM[/h2]
[highlight]You should create a safe, friendly space for your event.[/highlight]
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.

[highlight]You should be aware of how long your event lasts.[/highlight]
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend at least some time shopping before the afternoon events begin. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.

[highlight]You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event[/highlight]
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible and I will remove it from the schedule.

[h2]Gameday 34 Proposed Event Lineup[/h2]

Morning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
  1. Medieval Fantasy Naval Combat, Mark CMG
  2. Dread, Nev the Deranged, private room
  3. D&D Next, Trevalon Moonleirion
  4. Apocalypse West, willowx
  5. Rivers and Lakes, Reidzilla
  6. Marvel Heroic, Vyvyan Basterd
  7. Monsterhearts, Genevieve80
  8. Hot War, WJMacGuffin

Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
  1. Freemarket, CoreyHaim8myDog, private room
  2. Cold Steel Wardens, Ninjacat
  3. AD&D 1e, Mark CMG
  4. Durance, JoeBeason
  5. FATE Core, Pbartender
  6. Leverage, buzz
  7. Tomb Boardgame, Vyvyan Basterd
  8. ...

[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here at that time.[/highlight]

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
Cold Steel Wardens, Roleplaying in the Iron Age of Comics, pm slot, 5 Players.

I'll get back to you here with a blurb & image soon(ish. I think.)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Slot One (Miniatures Table, Please)
6 Seats (Could handle more if necessary, walk ins, etc.)
That Sinking Feeling
Medieval Fantasy Naval Combat
Players will take on the roll of sea captains in a fantasy age of sail, teams will be randomly chosen at the start of the game, and the captains will elect their admiral. The teams will confer and then the fun begins as the captains attempt to guide their ships and their crews to capture the enemy ships or blow their opponents out of the water. These simple rules will be taught at the table, younger and older players are welcome!

Slot Two (Table based on signups, of course)
6 Seats (Could handle a couple more but would need a minis table for that)
The Exploration of Castle Grannus
AD&D (First Edition)
Castle Grannus was abandoned in ages past but many fell creatures make their home among the ruins. Players will take 5th to 7th level characters into the ruined complex seeking their fortunes and trying to survive. Pre-generated characters will be provided.

buzz

Adventurer
Afternoon. RPG Room.
Okay. Done.

Remember, tables are once again fluid, depending.

Cold Steel Wardens, Roleplaying in the Iron Age of Comics, pm slot, 5 Players.

I'll get back to you here with a blurb & image soon(ish. I think.)
Cold Steel What Now? Sounds cool!

Slot One (Miniatures Table, Please)
6 Seats (Could handle more if necessary, walk ins, etc.)
That Sinking Feeling
Medieval Fantasy Naval Combat

Slot Two (Table based on signups, of course)
6 Seats (Could handle a couple more but would need a minis table for that)
The Exploration of Castle Grannus
AD&D (First Edition)
Added!

Hey Buzz,

Please hold a PM slot for me. I'll post the details forthwith.
Yup!

First slot, TBD, please!
Okay!

Lemme go ahead and reserve a table in the morning.

TBA for now, but I'm pondering:

- a D&D Next adaptation of something classic.
- Feng Shui
- d20 Call of Cthulhu (I'm not sure what it says about me that my phone knows how to autocorrect an Old One's name...)
- d20 or Alternity Dark*Matter

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
TIME: Morning
GAME SYSTEM: Hot War
EVENT TITLE: MKISHTAR
DESCRIPTION:

Washington DC, Winter, 1963. It's been a year since the Cold War went hot--and this was not just a nuclear war. Far more sinister, darker weapons were deployed from the shadows, "twisted technologies" that bordered on the occult. Survival and re-building are all that matter now. As part of the Civil Defense Patrol, you and your fellow patrolmen investigate any threats to the US population: Soviet soldiers on our soil, Communist sympathizers, or creatures that the public shouldn't know about.

Days ago, a CDP team headed out on a very important mission to recover a piece of twisted technology. They have not reported back, and given the nature of their mission, you and your men are tasked with finding the team and the technology. Good luck, and God bless the USA.

MKISHTAR is an adventure for Hot War set in the United States. The system leans heavy on role playing and narrative elements but there will be combat as well. Pregens will be provided. Be prepared for horror, politics, backstabbing, and Cold War tropes!

civil+defense.jpg

CONTENT RATING: Adults only.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 3 min, 6 max.
TABLE PREFERENCE: Any table that upsets others simply by me taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases