Booting a player Question

jasper

Rotten DM
Question I going to be booting a player Friday, do I give the player?
1. My 9 1/2 combat boot,
2. Pointed cowboy boot
3. Square toe bike boot
4. Ankle protection low boot.
5. Cement overshoe boot,
6. Thigh high heel boot,

to the head.
Thanks.

FarBeyondC

Explorer
Question I going to be booting a player Friday, do I give the player?
1. My 9 1/2 combat boot,
2. Pointed cowboy boot
3. Square toe bike boot
4. Ankle protection low boot.
5. Cement overshoe boot,
6. Thigh high heel boot,

to the head.
Thanks.

Why not Ugg boots?

Also, why boot a player?

You give them a simple, utilitarian boot. Nothing fancy, but it has to be firm. If they start asking why you chose that boot, where it was made, how many eyelets it has, they’re just looking to argue with you about why you gave them that particular boot.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
You line up every member of the party and give them each their own boots - then require the offending player being booted to run the gauntlet as they flee into shameful exile....

aco175

Legend
I try and grab the first one I can when the player walks into the room. Some of my players are fast and I want the closest, so I might win initiative.

BoldItalic

First Post
Give the player a single boot, not a pair. When the player complains, point out that the boot's on the other foot. The ensuing mental confusion on the part of said player will give you the space to usher the newly monobooted person out of the house, to hop along the street.

This leaves you with a spare boot in reserve in case the needs arises again in the future. Indeed, if you display it prominently enough, it will serve as a warning to intimidate your other players who will take the hint and toe the line. The sole purpose of this is to boot the player while retaining the upper hand without seeming to be a heel.

Remove ads