W3: The Eidolon (Bront Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wik

First Post
[sblock=XP Rewards]

T'Ranis, Githzerai Scout 1/Psychic Warrior 1, played by Patlin.
Guardian, Warforged Knight 2, played by IcyCool (5 action points remaining)
Haltash, Kalasthar Telepath 3, Played by Velmont.
Tondrek, Half-Orc Arificer 3, played by Stonegod.
Lor, Changeling Wizard 3, played by Solange.
Shadow, Changeling Telepath 3, Played by WarlockLord.

Encounter One: Interrogation
(CR 2)
Overcome. Hats off to Velmont for RP Reward.
T'Ranis - 100 XP
Guardian - 100 XP
Haltash - 150 XP
Tondrek - 100 XP
Lor - 100 XP
Shadow - 100 XP

Encounter Two: Aircab Fight
(CR 1 x3; CR 3 x1)
Overcome. Very nicely, in fact. Lori gets the big credit for her spell that took out the crossbowmen so early in the fight (maybe saving some of you guys), while T'Ranis gets a bonus for his excellent shot on the mage).
T'Ranis - 350 XP
Guardian - 300 XP
Haltash - 300 XP
Tondrek - 300 XP
Lori - 350 XP
Shadow - 300 XP

Encounter Three: "Incoming!"
Dark Clad Assassins - CR 2 each. Invisible Woman - Overcome (Mystery CR).
For beating the invisible woman, making her retreat, you'll get XP for a CR 3 encounter. But that isn't her actual CR; just her difficulty in that fight.
Guardian gets the benefit of extra XP here, for taking a buttload of damage, and keeping the attackers mostly away from the second rank. Lor gets a smaller bonus for hurting Invisible McGee, and getting her to retreat.
I also want to give 50 XP to Shadow, for his cool retort to invisible lady (and his run of bad luck)
T'Ranis - 450 XP
Guardian - 550 XP
Haltash - 450 XP
Tondrek - 450 XP
Lori - 500 XP
Shadow - 500 XP

Encounter Four: Fight on the Balcony
There was a tough mage (CR 3), and a bunch of smaller, CR 1/2 fights that I'll just lump as one CR 2 fight, for ease of math. Getting on the Majestic was a CR 1/2 challenge that two of you were able to fail, amazingly enough (the two that fail lose the XP for it).
Tondrek gets a minor bonus for healing Guardian - I like it when healers are so selfless.
T'Ranis - 275 XP
Guardian - 275 XP
Haltash - 250 XP
Tondrek - 325 XP
Lori - 250 XP
Shadow - 250 XP

Total Rewards
T'Ranis - 1175
Guardian - 1275
Haltash - 1150
Tondrek - 1175
Lori - 1200
Shadow - 1150

Remember to double-check my math. [/sblock]

Hopefully, Bront can give the XP a once-over, and we can move on to Chapter two.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
[sblock=Tondrek, Listen Check, DC 20; Guardian, Listen, DC 22]
You can hear, very faintly, a composite of dim sounds over the roar of the wind. It is as if the wood, metal, and very sails of the ship are vibrating in such a manner as to say something.

...mine... was a painful... birth...
[/sblock]

Graff cocks his head, and then says "Quiet.", seemingly for no reason.

He then turns on everyone. "Do we know where we're going, Rukus? Where's my ship?"

[sblock=Spot check, DC 24]
The second after Graff speaks, the very sails of the Majestic seem to die, only for an instant, before picking up again.
[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Thanks for the XP! Almost halfway to ECL 4.

Spot Check (1d20+7=27)

Uh oh.

T'Ranis aproaches Tondrek, and quietly asks if it is possible for the ship to activley rebel against its masters. He looks about for other signs that the elemental spirit enslaved within is likely to break free.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Wik said:
Hopefully, Bront can give the XP a once-over, and we can move on to Chapter two.
(Tondrek's numbers looks good. If you want, you can give time XP at the same time (3 months, or 3*50*ECL per character).)

Last edited:

stonegod

Tondrek loves him time with the ship and his new forgey friend, and waxes on and on about both. However, all this talking gives him little opportunity to listen himself. Or notice anything else. [Listen: 10. Cannot succeed on Spot check.]
Patlin said:
T'Ranis aproaches Tondrek, and quietly asks if it is possible for the ship to activley rebel against its masters.
Tondrek beams up at the strange T'Ranis. "Uh, not usually. The Storm People got special equipment that keep them safe! But Majestic is different and neat and I'm not sure if it has the Special Equipment." He cocks his head to the side like a puppy. "Why, Strange Skin Man?"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
"The sails... they died for just a moment. I'm not sure, but it might not have been a lull in the wind. It seemed a bit unnatural."

stonegod

Tondrek smiles naively. "Neat! I've never seen an elemental go amok before!" The half-orc giggles and makes a little sing-song out of the word 'amok'.

Patlin

Explorer
Not reasured by the Artificer, T'Ranis quietly tries to identify possible escape routes. Does the ship have life rings or small craft?

Solange

First Post
OOC: Not going to even try on the spot check :)
stonegod said:
Tondrek loves him time with the ship and his new forgey friend, and waxes on and on about both. However, all this talking gives him little opportunity to listen himself. Or notice anything else.
OOC: Why do you hate Lori? :p She's been talking to you off and on too, and she knows more than you.

"It's not uncommon for elementals bound to this world to develop more mortal feelings and concerns, so perhaps that is what is wrong with the Majestic. If so, the poor thing. If you're nice to it it might behave better don't cha' know. I tried tellin' Gaff, but he seems distracted." Lori adds.

stonegod

Solange said:
OOC: Why do you hate Lori? :p She's been talking to you off and on too, and she knows more than you.
Its not that he hates Lori, but she's not an elemental or a warforged. :) Tondrek's not good with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads