Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

WEContact

First Post
Haaku strolls toward the Hanged Man, inspecting his old clawed gauntlet. Finding a craftsman in Daunton who could help him work on it had been tricky, but the result was fascinating. The guard was reinforced with iron, (in the Waste Lands of Allaria, he had had no access to forge or smithy when he crafted his weapons) and this dark metal bore a deadly enchantment. It felt like warm velvet. The claw itself was already enchanted, of course- a side effect, created by natural psionic magic. Haaku poured his soul into it when he crafted it in the desert, simple as that. The craftsman had found a way to refine that raw, natural enchantment, to refine it. It felt had always felt sharp and hard as obsidian, but the feeling had been incredibly faint. Now the sensation was palpable, and it was cold.

Lost in these thoughts, Haaku almost knocks Proudman down when he enters the tavern behind the man.

jbear

First Post
Leather nods at the Lieutenant. "Just let me finish my drink."

He knocks his drink back in a single gulp. "Finished."

Getting back to his feet the dark warrior looks about the bar to see who else might join them. "Ready when you are."

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz is oblivious to these proceedings. He's at the bar, stooped low enough that the bar is hiding most of his face. His wide eyes and his fingers peek over the edge, the former fixed on Vander, the strangest humanoid he's ever seen. For the time being he doesn't say anything, just stares unabashedly at the pixie on the counter.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim looks at Proudman with that same smile on his face.

"I think I could help you again my good man... Well, my girls need to finish eating. Also I think the tree lady said she'd be along in just a minute. Needed to try on some new clothes or something like that."

Proudman nods to Fhangrim, managing (just barely) to hold back a sexist comment about there being important things to be done and women shopping for clothes. Spotting Haaku behind him, he turns around and greets the desert warrior.

"Haaku! I'm glad to see you again! I know it's so soon after your last foray, but I was hoping you might help with a murder case for us. Seems there is more cleanup of invaders that needs to happen. Can I count on you and your fighting skills once more?"

WEContact

First Post
Haaku blinks. He lifts his shirt, revealing bloody bandages wrapped around his stomach. He prods, winces a little. "'Course," he says, smiling. He flexes his clawed gauntlet in anticipation. "When do leave?"

OOC: Answered the questions you left on your review of Haaku, CFW. :) Thanks for that by the way.

VanderLegion

First Post
Ignatz is oblivious to these proceedings. He's at the bar, stooped low enough that the bar is hiding most of his face. His wide eyes and his fingers peek over the edge, the former fixed on Vander, the strangest humanoid he's ever seen. For the time being he doesn't say anything, just stares unabashedly at the pixie on the counter.

Vander notices Ignatz staring at him and his mouth twists into a mischievous grin, like a child with a clever plan. He acts non-chalant for a few moments, pretending not to notice the half-orc's staring, then playfully splashes water at the barbarian's face. Fortunately for Ignatz, the tiny pixie is unable to move much water with a splash, as the water is still at near-boiling temperatures - something the firecrafter doesn't realize could be harmful to others without his own affinity for fire.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex Cassine walks into the tavern and as the barkeeps looks her way with a leary eye. "OH, Don't worry. I left Noctua Ursus in the Feywild this time. Any new jobs posted yet?" The hamadryad walks to a table and takes a seat, orders a drink and a meal and then starts talking with the others patrons at the table.

OOC: Ilex is a Hamadryad Witch (Fey Beast Tamer) (Good) Level 4 Looks like she still needs senior reviews for level 4

Last edited:

Proudman smiles at the Hamadryad as she enters the Hanged man and takes a seat.

"Glad to see you again. I have another job for you if you're willing. Long story short, I need you to help the others clean up some more invaders that got past some of my men and are now causing havoc. Now that I have you all here, I would highly suggest that you guys try to pick up another to tag along with you. The sewers are a dangerous place if you're not familiar with them, and I've heard rumors of large beasts, giant reptiles, were rats, and more living down there."

OOC: New Adventure: Seeds of Chaos

Participants:

1. jbear's Leather (lvl 3 Fighter)
2. WEContact's Haaku (lvl 3 Ranger/Fighter)
3. Son of Meepo's Fhangrim (lvl 4 Sentinel Druid)
4. Wife of Meepo's Ilex (lvl 4 Witch) (pending acceptance)
5. Open slot

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: If no one else is interested (have 1 pc in an addy, and want to get my monk into one as soon as possible), I'd be happy to make a new level 3 character to join. Was planning to make one, just haven't decided what to make yet. Guys got any preference for role if I were to make one?

Remove ads