CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Pathfinder and Mutants and Masterminds mostly.

Here is a writeup for Black Hole from the Advance Wars games.

Pathfinder isn't much different from D20 Modern/D&D 3.5. A few skills are altered, and Defense is a little different, but not too hard to figure out the differences.. I want to get a copy of Starfinder or whatever the space version of pathfinder is that I've seen floating about.

Yeah, I wanted to get a copy of "Starfinder", too, if only because I dig Sci-Fi more.

I guess Golarion is also somewhere on the Core Timeline. Probably not on the Milky Way, though... or maybe on the Delta Quadrant... maybe the Andromeda Galaxy? What do you guys think?

Lord Zack

Explorer
According to James Jacobs, Golarion and Earth are in two different galaxies. Starfinder describes that galaxy at some point in Golarion's future, where Golarion itself has disappeared.

One of the things about Pathfinder is that they tried to make the classes more balanced, so you have to take that into account when converting things. There's been at least a couple different unofficial attempts at a "Pathfinder Modern" that we could use as a basis, though I personally am not 100% happy with any of them.

OK... dunno which galaxy yet, but how about Golarion and Absalom Station being on the same orbit, like a "counter-Golarion"?

...crap, I know that this kind of orbit has a name, but can't recall it.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Absalom Station could also be a satellite of Golarion on Coreline, perhaps in a geosynchronous orbit over Absalom.

kronos182, I have been thinking and I am not 100% happy with your rules for infested creatures. It should be less specific, since not just terrans can be infested. Dogs. specifically, have been shown to be infested. The virus has varied effects, inducing various mutations. So, I suggest that their should be a single infested template that can have varied effects on the base creature, kind of like this or this, except no supernatural abilities.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
[MENTION=53996]Lord Zack[/MENTION]: I did the infested terrans as more a quick easy to use npc/enemy to fight loosely based on the game units. I could come up with a mutation template with tables and and such, but I haven't seen a whole lot of info on a lot of different powers except for those of specific characters such as Kerrigan, the Russian guy and Kerrigan's consort from the books, and the like. Most are just mutated with chitin armour, several zerg limbs, spikes, spines etc. Which are more flavour. I'll go back through the info and see what I can come up, plus probably work out some of the psionic powers for humans and zergs.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I suggest just having stats, instead of templates, for "generic" infested terrans, like the explosive original type, Starcraft IIs infested marines, infested colonists and aberration, etc. However they might have additional mutations as well, with many of the mutations from d20 Future being appropriate. Then their would be a template for exceptional infested. In game the infested tend to be somewhat uniform, but other material shows that the effects of the virus vary, including its effects on intelligence. The aberration is the most obvious example of extreme mutation in infested lifeforms. There are also varying strains of the virus, which result in different attributes, such as the UV sensitivity of the infested on Meinhoff. There also appear to be other forms of infestation, with Infested Kerrigan having emerged from a chrysalis, Stukov being resurrected by infestation and subject to genetic engineering by Xel'Naga and experiments by both Zerg and Terrans. Zerg strains in general tend to have varying mutations and variations. Buildings, of course can also be infested and it has recently been revealed that vehicles can be infested.

Last edited:

Remove ads